Turkey Donations and Free Radio Advertising for Toy Run

• Hey guys,
    One of my sponsors and drop off sites for the Toy Run is Grisillo's Thriftway on Rt 13 across from Arners Restaurant. They are doing a Turkey collection site on Nov. 19th from 7am to 8pm. WJBR 99.5 is going to be there the entire day and Tony (the owner) said if we got a group of jeeps down there with some Turkeys he would make sure we could get on the air and talk about the Toy Run. I talked this over today with Paul (Wanderlust) and he said we should do it around 6PM to make sure everyone could get off work. If anyone is interested in meeting us there maybe we could pick a site to meet up at and caravan over to make an appearance. If no one else is interested atleast Paul and I will be there.
    Let us know and we'll set something up between now and then.
    Thanks for your help :peace: :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I can be there but do we have to supply the turkey's? It sounds like a turkey donation from each Jeep.

• I think this is a great idea but we wouldnt be able to make it happen at 6pm maybe 7pm.. anyway great way to get our name out into the media

• Make sure to wear your Toy Run T-shirts and sweat shirts!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I will be there, just let me know what time. If anyone needs a toy run sweatshirt, i have a few XL gray ones left, i have not gotten the white ones yet.
    Cost is $20.00

• Bring me an XL also.
    Thanks
    Brian

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• RE: Turkey Run & Toy Run - Seems as though different members sorta answer to the same type questions on different forums. Paul - do you monitor all so that everything gets "married up" concerning these two events?

• Quote from "buzzardbaittoo"

RE: Turkey Run & Toy Run - Seems as though different members sorta answer to the same type questions on different forums. Paul - do you monitor all so that everything gets "married up" concerning these two events?

I do the best I can! :doh:

The thing is, this isn't a DeJA event, this Turkey thing. It's just something we're hoping to hop on board with to get some air time for our Toy Run.

• Quote from "hurrcane"

Paul, If we do get on the air, are you the desinated speaker? Don't ask me, My vote is for you!

Gee thanks. I'll do it, but only if you guys don't laugh at me. :folded:

• I've added this to the calendar so we can get an accurate count of who is coming. Please click the link below IF you are able to make it, so we know who to wait for.

CLICKY CLICKY!

• Come on guys we can do better than 6 people. We have to get some attention at this thing. I know its a Friday night but its still early enough to do something that night. Come on out and help spread the word about the Toy Run. :shrug:
    See you all there :wavey:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• C'mon, this wasn't even worth adding to the calendar if only 6 people are showing up! It's 6 O'CLOCK, that's too early to go anywhere good anyway. Come out and help us with this, then you can feel good about yourself all weekend!

Can we get FOUR more N. Delaware people to commit to this? JUST FOUR? Hey, UofD Jeepers, this is not that far for you!

OH! don't make me start naming people :folded:

:soapbox:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!