07-08 jk Gear swap shops

• :help:
    I am in need of help locating a shop to do my Gears. So far I have found 1 shop that gave me a estimate of 4-600 per Axle. I have been told this is a little high. I called every Jeep dealer in the state and they all say the same thing (We are not touching it) I am a local New Castle guy and would like to find a shop locally. any help would be appreciated.

Monte

• thanks I shot him a email. I had no Idea they were there. Wish I had shopped them before I had my Lift installed elsewhere

• Call him. He'll get back to you quicker

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• my buddy took his to Full Circle about a year ago and had 4.88s and ARBs installed in his 4 Door, hasn't had an issue i think it was around 300 an axle

• my buddy took his to Full Circle about a year ago and had 4.88s and ARBs installed in his 4 Door, hasn't had an issue i think it was around 300 an axle

Is this including gears or just labor? I think I was quoted at $1000 an axle including gears. :shrug:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

wow must be the first set to last more than a year ::)

call holly oak, you will not find someone better than brian to do your gears... and he has fair pricing..//

• wow must be the first set to last more than a year ::)

call holly oak, you will not find someone better than brian to do your gears... and he has fair pricing..//

damn beat me to it. If you are going to take your jeep to full circle, just do it yourself with saw dust and crayons and save the $300/ axle

• wow must be the first set to last more than a year ::)

How long have i been running on gears, oh yeah about 3 years now...

nothing but haters because brian is your boy

you guys seem to know everyone that had a break from them and i know no-one, wierd :shrug:

• How long have i been running on gears, oh yeah about 3 years now...

you guys seem to know everyone that had a break from them and i know no-one, wierd :shrug:

Hmmm...I think you know at least one.

Personally it's a big expense so I'd take other's experiences pretty seriously...every shop will have failures here and there but IMHO you need to weigh the severity and the frequency and choose one to do the work. I got so pissed after having to redo a botched gear setup after both mine and a friends (that's FOUR axles for those keeping count) failed in less than a year (4x4 Unlimited BTW) that I bought the tools and learned to do it myself. Hell, I REDID a set of FC's gears that were making a bunch of noise and without getting into it too much we'll just say that they weren't even close. FWIW I've been running regeared Jeeps for alot longer than 3 years...I think it was almost 16 years ago that I had 4.10's put in my first CJ...there's really not much to it but the person has to take their time and do it right. Some will setup the first shot and some will take a bunch of tries to get right. There are tools to help but there's still a bit of magic involved in getting a nice pattern.

That being said, Brian is a friend of mine but I've seen his work and can vouch for it...I'd have him do mine if I didn't have the time or was otherwise unable to. I'm sure there are other shops but I don't think you'd go wrong with his work.

--Ian

• actually contrary to what some might think, the project jeep was done at a hillbilly shop down off rt10 somewhere first and then Full circle Fixed it for us right before the guy took delivery and he hasnt had a problem since.

• How long have i been running on gears, oh yeah about 3 years now...

Of course you know no-one as you blind yourself to any idea contrary to yours... just like your never ending love of tera-flex even though all of their products suck the big one... I dont' care what their new stuff looks like it is still tera quality...

Brian is my "boy" I have worked with him and I know what kind of work he does... hands on experience is the best experience as far as I am concerned so if I can help out someone with a quality recommendation and help not only a friend of mine but a small business owner trying to make it in a highly competitive business I am going to do it..

I know of 3 broken gear sets from full-circle can't say if it was their fault as I am not 100% familiar with the breaks...

• Of course you know no-one as you blind yourself to any idea contrary to yours... just like your never ending love of tera-flex even though all of their products suck the big one... I dont' care what their new stuff looks like it is still tera quality...

i guess you better tell Elff not to use the teraflex track bar bracket then, their is nothing wrong with their quality that i know of, what are you basing your opinion off of exactly? The many Tera kits i have installed, there has been nothing wrong with them....Control arm bushings are meant to wear for one thing and i will admit their TJ adjustable track bar is designed awesome but the Ball Joint end blows ..... which is why i went to RE and havent had an issue yet. The new Modular arms are awesome, and i have yet to replace one of there "johnnyjoint" style ends. Quality is all a matter of opinion and you know what they say about those.

and when you have dana 60s in a jeep what do you think is going to break first D60s or a TeraLow, lets be realistic here people. Duh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!