ESJA Land Ride Invite - << Pics >>

• thank you to all DEJA members who could make it out and esp. those who helped me fix my jeep. we did manage to get it back together, so insisted one of the guys who was working on it with me drive. we went through the back half and everything went fine until after we went through the jeepeater. it was smoking real bad so we got it back to the campground and found out that the fan hit the radiator so that ended the day there. wasn't too bad it was in a spot that can be fixed. where they press the top section to the core sections is where it was leaking at and it is a small hole but was losing coolent fast

link to the thread on our site
    http://www.easternshorejeep.co…rum_2/m-1209252733/s-new/

you guys caught it on a good day we had 38 inch tires stuck in there before :roll:

• forgot to change screennames :bang: im on my stepdads computer. i also have a set of allen keys that don't belong to me who would they go to?

• I would like to thank all of the DEJA members that stopped by the ESJA land .I hope that all had a good time.

• My son got some great videos! He put them togther with pictures and music on CDs. I will bring them to the Spring Fling & ESJA Jeep Show for anyone who wants one.

Good Time. Like BFrank, I spent 5 hours cleaning mud. It's was the first time i ever used the hose on the inside of my jeep. Thank God for drain holes!!!

• Looks like you guys had fun...one picture stuck out like a sore thumb, though:

WOW...hope that the block/brick whatever was supporting the rig and the highlifts were just stabilizing but I'd still be a little wary of going near/under that.

--Ian

• Yeah, it wasn't the best set up but.....

He dug through the wood pile looking for the most solid piece. It was probably just as sturdy as if it were sitting on a floor jack. The high lifts were added support.

All I knew was I wasn't crawling under there.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Yeah, it wasn't the best set up but.....

He dug through the wood pile looking for the most solid piece. It was probably just as sturdy as if it were sitting on a floor jack. The high lifts were added support.

All I knew was I wasn't crawling under there.

Just making sure...the pic makes it look pretty sketchy.

--Ian

• Here is a later pic of that same "work in progress". The picture quality is poor because I forgot to adjust the setting on my phone camera. But if you look closely, you'll see one Dana 30 standing on it's springs (would be an awesome trail entrance marker), another Dana 30 laying on the ground stripped with all its guts laying on paper towels amidst the tools, and still another Dana 30 in the process of being stripped as the pic was taken.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• that would be my jeep and yes the weight was supported by a 12inch or so wide log and stabilized by the hi-lifts. i was still careful about being under it though, not the ideal way but i didn't have jackstands on hand but this worked out ok and i was wheeling by the next afternoon. would have been sooner, but the damn thing fought us the entire way from ball joints to u-bolts

• i also have a set of allen keys that don't belong to me who would they go to?

they were mine, I have more at home, you should keep them, you might need them again ;D
    [/quote]

thank you if it wasn't for those i wouldn't have gotten my hubs off the right way. the last set i took off with a hammer but those were stripped out and i already had new one sitting there ;D

Good Time. Like BFrank, I spent 5 hours cleaning mud. It's was the first time i ever used the hose on the inside of my jeep. Thank God for drain holes!!!

nature is washing mine inside and out ;D all i got to do when i get to it tomorrow is pull the tarp off the seats and rinse everything the rain cant reach, which might not be much cause its raining sideways right now :o

• Yea I'm sitting here watching it POOR rain and kinda kicking myself for spending so much time on the Jeep yesterday when Mother Nature could have done most of it for me today. Ohh well... It's clean and in the garage waiting for wax.

• Well, this was my rookie run for out here. Having camped Saturday we, (James78, Slimer and myself) headed out Sunday, probably around 10:00. James and his family lead the way. We went through some regular trail rutted paths, then to the off camber hills. We scoped the best, safest direction (so we hope). James went first and made it look simple (slight tail pipe problem at the end). Next up was Slimer, and as he said earlier...one spot we helped with counter weight and then the damaged fender. Finally my turn. Right away I high center the Scrambler, Slimer pulls me back down and I go again. This time I made it. From there the rest of that trail went just fine. After this, Bill (red jeep?) showed up and showed Slimer and myself some other trails while James and his family decided to head home. All in all...it was muddy fun.
    Learned some things.
    1.) 4H is to pull the shifter back, 4L is to push the shifter forward...I should have used 4L in certain spots.
    2.) I have a much better idea of necessary tools (per Alex's breakdown).

Slimer,
    I have freezer space if you need.

• 2.) I have a much better idea of necessary tools (per Alex's breakdown).

what the whole garage? :innocent:

but yes there were alot of thing in that bag that i thought i wouldnt use like the needle file set to make the holes in the new/used spring hanger bigger since i put bigger bolts in for the HD steering box mount. a larger file would have been better though or perhaps a cordless drill and drill bits :-\

not all trail fixes involve dropping the axle though i would every tool possible which i almost did (forgot my t-bar allen set :bang:)

• Im glad yall had a good time at the land...wish i coulda made it but im on the boat... :-\ .. If any of yall wanna go sometime send me a pm.. i try to go every chance i get when im off... yall took some groovy pictures...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!