BF Goodrich + BJ's

• Gotta love triple ply's. Walked outside yesterday to find a 3" gash in the sidewall. Must have run over something :shrug:. Took it to BJ's, under warranty, and new tire should be here friday! BJ's was a little dissapointing, they turned me away at 5:40, said they were too busy, didn't even have time to put the spare on. Lazy, lazy, :censored: lazy.
    Then the guy told me "DAMN!, I wouldnt be driving on that thing!" when he actually saw it. Had no problem sending me on my way though.

• I actually brought my wife's car to them to fix a slow leak in the right front (passenger) tire (under warrantee). I then went in to do some shopping. Came out and the guy had the car on the lift. We were checking the tire in the water tank (he had waved for me to come in the garage). Could not find the leak. I suggested a spray bottle with soap. He said yea, but they would have to buy the bottle and soap themself. I suggested the stuff they use to lube and seal sidewalls when mounting a tire on a rim...to make a long store short...we could not find the leak. So he put the tire back on the car DRIVER SIDE!! I said the leak was on the passenger side, he said "we check all the tires". I said I would do it at home then bring it in to get fixed. Jeez, has it gone downhill lately. Yes, I found the leak, marked it, and took it in...got it patched from the inside. Forgot to get it rebalanced. :bang:

• I guess you get what you pay for....probably saved $100 on five tires, but a what cost in service quality. I would personally put the spare on myself but when BJ's installed my tires, they didn't change the valve stems, so that tire leaks as well. The tire with the gash also looks different. The sidewalls have a different texture than the other four. It seems harder and shinier? Anyways, apparently 31x10.5 is not a size they stock and now I get to spend my day off in their waiting room on friday >:(

• I went to BJs for tires once about 15 years ago. The guy was arguing with me about the size of tires I had on my truck even though I wrote the tire size down before I went in. After about 5 minutes I figured I'd be better off going somewhere else instead of "winning" the arguement.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I went to BJs for tires once about 15 years ago. The guy was arguing with me about the size of tires I had on my truck even though I wrote the tire size down before I went in. After about 5 minutes I figured I'd be better off going somewhere else instead of "winning" the arguement.

yeah, I've heard that some BJs have a policy to only sell the tires that would come stock. so, if I try to get 32s for my XJ, they'll go crazy. I think I'll try soon if I get a chance. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• BJs and Costco shart the only stock tires policy,.. The only way around is to bring your rims in.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• yeah, I've heard that some BJs have a policy to only sell the tires that would come stock. so, if I try to get 32s for my XJ, they'll go crazy. I think I'll try soon if I get a chance. :)

The problem is that I was putting stock tires on my truck at the time. The kid was going by what he had in his book and I was going by what was on my truck. I should have let him try to put tires made for a 14" rim onto my 15" rims. ::)

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Edited once, last by Slimer ().

• Are the BFG's sold there different than ones sold elsewhere?

hahahahaha what..bfg is a huge corporation, im sure they dont waste their time making different tires for some wholesale place??

• Friday came and went with no call from BJ's. So, saturday I called and asked if my tire was in, Response? " did I call you?" NO "Then I guess your tires not here is it" so i asked when since they told me Friday. He said " Dude be patient, it takes 3-5 days, it'll get here when it gets here" So I went to the beach last night, without the Jeep >:( and still no call. It's been 6 days without driving it, and I'm going crazy. Tomorrow might not be pretty at BJ's when I get there. :argue:

• The BJ's soap opera is over! Three hours after arriving, I rolled out on a brand new BFG. No hassles, just alot of wasted time. Until next time.......

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!