GWNF IX - *FALL 2008* Wheeling & Camping Trip

• For those that have been there before, the drinking antics will be no worse than they have in the past, and I don't think there's been any trips w/o kids so it's all good. Although I make no promises for after they go to bed :) It's rare that we get to go without our kids so I'm taking full advantage of it!

I know I'm plenty of Prickly Peartini. I may be making a batch of Pomegranatinis as well.
    I'm almost done packing!

• Just bring it !!

We will make it fit. ;D

Cool...
    I hereby pledge to buy certain sticker for anyone needing
    To "recover" me.

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• Pretty sure it's the H2 he's talking about.

Aw shoot, my bad. ;D However, this may be a good opportunity to give a buddy of mine some crap by getting photos of a H2 actually doing something other than driving through puddles on a dirt road and calling it a trail.

• I just want to see if I can wedge between 2 trees. :doh:

"I mean, I've always been a libertarian. Leave everybody alone. Let everybody else do what they want. Just stay out of everybody else's hair." - Clint Eastwood -

• Some last minute tips & tricks - Saturday night a few of us are sending out for pizza for dinner. Everyone is welcome to chip in and get in on this.

Sunday morning - many of us hit Shoney's in Harrisonburg for breakfast - not sure if I amt his year since Jace will be home around 6:00 and I have to take an exam Sunday night. It all depends on time.

For those who don't camp much and not sure what to do about food - keep it simple, hot dogs are easy. Canned stuff - raviolis, soup, baked beans etc - can be cooked on a rock in the fire, just stir occasionally and have tongs.

• If anyone is leaving from the Dover area Thurs am, and wouldn't mind, I'd like to follow someone there. :shrug:

• Hey Chuck, we're leaving from our place with Jeepster JK by 12:30 - 1 - come join us.

Cool, I'm not exactly sure where that is though.

But if you tell when to be where, I'll be there. :driving:

• Jeep is packed, no it wont look like it did last trip with the front end sitting high cause of the weight on the cargo carrier. I got smart and borrowed a trailer from a friend. Hopefully we will be leaving here with in the next couple of hours. See everyone there.

Mike

• If anyone is leaving from the Dover area Thurs am, and wouldn't mind, I'd like to follow someone there. :shrug:

Chuck, if it's not too late by the time you read this, I'm leaving from Magnolia around 9:30-10:00. I think I'll stop on Kent Island (Holly's Restaurant right on Rt 50) for breakfast. You're certainly welcome to drive with me. My cell is 302-270-4884. Jim

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!