Fishing at Lewes beach

• Hey folks,

I hit Cape Henlopen this past Sunday morning the 6/29 and didn't really get much fishing done because I was literally being eaten alive by mosquitos!! :cuss: Is there anything you guys do to keep the bugs at bay?? Also I didn't really see anybody out there fishing, any reason why?

Thanks!

• We were out there Sunday afternoon - take lots of bug spray!!!

I am about to order from Patti's Avon website for the Skin So Soft Expedition - it works pretty good out there and there's a new one with SPF 30.
    http://shop.avon.com/shop/prod…=514&dept_id=&pf_id=33646

I know the surf was really rough and everytime we cast out, it would wash up on shore 5 minutes later.

• Were you fishing at Lewes Beach or at Cape Henlopen? The problem would be more biting flies at Cape and not so much mosquitos. The flies at Cape tend to be bad in the morning especially with a light breeze out of the West. Usually the wind will switch around by afternoon and blow them off. If you can get an easterly wind, the flies won't be a problem and the wave action will be better.

I've not had much luck with Off and other repellants. Just take your beer and go stand in the surf.

• I thought Lewes was also called Cape Henlopen, I was at Cape Henlopen. Those biting flies were killer, I had bug spray but had to keep applying every time I got out of the water. I need to find something water proof.

Yes, the surf was rough and pushing my line up beach. I think next time I am going to try some of the souther beaches like Faithful Steward.

I am the guy driving the white KJ with RENEGADE Stickers.

• repel 100

98.7% DEET. get's em every time

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• A few weekends ago when I was on the beach the flies were biting a lot too. I had some beach chairs and I found that if I relaxed my feet out of the sand the flies stopped biting. Kinda weird, but it worked.

• There are three areas at CHSP where you can drive on, The Point, Navy Crossing, and Herring Point; then there is "Lewes Beach" at the end of Savannah Rd.

Thats awesome, I had no idea. I usually access the beach just south of one of the towers that you can go into and the camp ground. There are 2 air stations and another once you turn into the road to the beach. When I come out a rock jetty is to the right, I usually go over there. no idea it had a name, haha.

• [/quote]
    I usually access the beach just south of one of the towers that you can go into and the camp ground. There are 2 air stations and another once you turn into the road to the beach. When I come out a rock jetty is to the right, I usually go over there
    [/quote]

That would be Navy Crossing. ;)

• All bug spray is in-effective on the surf @ CHSP with a West wind .
    I was there Saturday but north of where you were and prob later in the day .
    I'm always there as I only live minutes away

• repel 100

98.7% DEET. get's em every time

i'm telling you. try it. it may give you skin cancer but sand flies dont bite.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Edited once, last by NitroRubi ().

• Andrew, since the Cape is your no-home away from home, What is the best factor in getting an easterly wind out there? It seems like every day I've been out there so far is a west wind and it sucks. The weather always calls for a west wind, but somedays that switches around along the coast.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!