Blood Worms

• I just talked to a friend of mine and 2 weeks ago, just north of where we have the Fishing Tourney he caught a 4 ft shark -with lots of teeth!!! He was using blood worms for bait. He suspects he caught a fish and the shark caught the fish but still!

He got it all the up to the sand when it broke his line. 12lb test held up pretty good until he got on the surf and spun!

• It's like $8- for a bag of them though. I'll put three rods out and maybe get a day out of a baggie. The Kingfish and Spot go nuts over that stuff though...

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• I just talked to a friend of mine and 2 weeks ago, just north of where we have the Fishing Tourney he caught a 4 ft shark -with lots of teeth!!! He was using blood worms for bait. He suspects he caught a fish and the shark caught the fish but still!

He got it all the up to the sand when it broke his line. 12lb test held up pretty good until he got on the surf and spun!

Largest Colleen and I have caught was 4 feet .
    Capered's father catches them all the time . I've seen pics of 9 ftr's and saw him reel a 6ftr onto the surf .
    Takes 3 guys 1hour + to reel in anything over 6ft . Doesnt help that they kayak a line out 100 yards
    Here is a pic of Chuck . He is on here from time to time .

This one was just over 3 feet

• Can you eat them? I've had shark steaks before but they were Mako.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• There's a guy who goes out at 3rs and at fenwick at night during the summer and routinely catches 7-8 foot sand tigers.

• I'm actually planning on going out at Cape Henlopen point tomorrow morning. I'll be meeting my daughter and her boy friend down there. My son and I bought some blood worms today.

I still won't catch anything.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Spray it with WD40 then if you're really lacking the confidence... Leave a sweet trail for the fishies to follow. The PETA people on here are really gonna hate me now. ;D

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• We caught a small weak fish (11") and a small shark (I think it was a sand shark or dog fish type thing). We didn't even know we had them on the hook! My son thinks it was COOL that we caught a shark. He had asked why we were using blood worms and I told him about this thread. :up:

The guy next to us kept bringing in a lot of skates. One person brought in a big sting ray of sorts. It was a beautiful day Sunday!

Slimer got 13 mpg on that trip but I was doing 70 to 80 mph. If I kept it down to 60 I'm sure I would have gotten 15 mpg.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!