Delaware "Blue" Surf Fish Plate

• If I have one of the older Blue surf fish plates, can i use it with a new sticker? Been running with the white one but came across thi sold one in a box i had in the basement... Thansk!

• If I have one of the older Blue surf fish plates, can i use it with a new sticker? Been running with the white one but came across thi sold one in a box i had in the basement... Thansk!

Plenty people do it without problems but it is apparently not legal.
    Click here: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=18432.0

FYI: I received a written warning this past Saturday (6/14/08) at Gordon's Pond for having my 08 sticker displayed on a red 1982 surf tag. I was complimented on how well it matched my Jeep but issued the warning all the same. By written warning I mean he appended my surf registration with the code for "improperly displaying surf permit". The ranger was kind enough to claim that he would not bother me the rest of the season but it would be up to the discretion of other rangers as to whether they issue a ticket. I am now liable for the fine ($56) next time since I received the written warning. He claimed they were being pushed hard to enforce the blue and white tags because of the abundance of old tags available on ebay.

Time to write your State Rep and aask that the law reads that a "classic" surf plate should not be considered an improper display of the permit as long as the registration is current and the tag was officially released by the State (similar to the laws governing the display of a B&W porcelain tag)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!