Rear and front bumper fab.

• If you could have anything you wanted fabricated into your front or rear bumpers what would you have. P.S. I already got the machine gun and oil slick :driving:

• swing out tire carier on the back bumper and tuck the front as tight as posable of better aproch angle.

• Since you have a Wrangler... Add a steering box skid to the front bumper, in addition to good d-ring tabs (welded on both sides of the bumper). For the rear, a hitch might be useful, plus d-ring tabs.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• hood hoop

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• sorry for going off topic

Ya there expensive but I guess I am a tool fiend and will defiantly get my moneys worth out of it.

• I believe I'm going to have the spar tire carrier fold down. In the down position it is going to be level with the tail gate and work as a extention of the bed if necessary. It will also be removable. I plan to set the bumper up as a air reservoir, hitch, d-rings and maybe a vice. Keep the ideas coming.

• I love the idea of using bumpers as air tanks. There is space there to use, so you might as well use it. Here is the only problem with that idea that a lot of people overlook. When you use ANY tank to hold air pressure, you will eventually get water in the tank as a result of compression. Water inside of a bumper, will eventually cause it to rust from the inside. Now with 1/4" or 3/8" bumpers it will take a long time to rust out, but just another thing to think about.... It is cheaper, and more versatile to just use a tank and mount it up.

(this is coming from a CJ owner who still has nightmares from all the rust I've had to repair :doh:)

• I hear you. It is probably more about trying to do it and get it to be functional to me. I will have a drain on it to help with the water. Besides I need the air pressure to launch the missiles and spray the oil slick. :bsflag: HaHa. No but I would like to avoid having to put an additional tank on and use up that space. If it doesn't work out It still can be changed up later and will be structurally fine still.

• One thing i have always been afraid of when doing these air resivoirs is god forbid you take a good hit on a rock right at a weld or some other possible weak spot since that what bumpers are there for anyway. that boom will be enough scare the crap out of most people.

• One thing i have always been afraid of when doing these air resivoirs is god forbid you take a good hit on a rock right at a weld or some other possible weak spot since that what bumpers are there for anyway. that boom will be enough scare the crap out of most people.

I hope you are kidding... when you "rupture" a bumper that is an air tank, they might hiss a little bit but there certainly is no boom

• ok, i'll take your word for it. i was just looking at a tank with say 120-160 psi in it if it's hit just right that's alot of pressure trying to escape real fast.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!