Trail run carnage – will my insurance total it?

• Only joking, but after four trips to Paragon, I came home with some light damage. Somehow I managed to take out a bumper end cap. I know this is a rare thing to happen and normally quite expensive to fix, but luckily I have a spare:

Then, somewhere along the way, something ripped off a vent from my hardtop:

For this one I don’t have a spare, hopefully they are available from the dealer.

My next display of brilliance took out a fog light and dented the fender behind it.

The fender looks much worse cleaned up, but the light hides most of it. Flat fenders would be cool, but would probably look ridiculous with 31’s.

So, if anyone has a hardtop vent or a factory fog light they want to sell, or can straighten out and paint sheet metal please send me an email or PM. Right now I’m off to see if I can anything on eBay.

Wayne

• if you cant get one used i can get you one from jeep at my wholesale price.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Because they get ripped off on the trail.

You may be able to bang the dent out a bit so it won't be as noticeable.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Thanks Paul, I will get back to you. I am currently the high bidder on a set of lights. One has a broken bolt, the other has a bad lens or something but between the two I should be able to make one. If not, I will be in touch for sure.

I'll probably leave the fender alone for now. With the light on, you can't see it too much anyway. Besides, if I try to straighten it, I'll probably make it worse.

As far as those end caps go, I'm sure if I didn't have them on, I would have a nice dent in the tub about now. They are cheap on eBay and can be replaced in about 3 minutes.

Before I had the Jeep, I kept all my vehicles as nice as possible. Having the Jeep is a special kind of freedom. These little imperfections will get addressed one way or another but they are nothing to stress about. That and the fact that it can go just about anywhere at anytime make this ride way up on my top ten list. I guess you all know that already, but I'm still learning.

• I have a relatiively new rear bumper with a pair of floatation devices you can have.

Do not do water crossing without those floatation devices. Read your user manual carefully, a lot of Jeepers overlooked this fine print. Their TJ sinked like a rock :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Later,

• Well, the bumper is the warehouse behind where I work, so you can come by any time to pick it up. Call 302-322-9900 ask for me and mention the Word "Jeep" to get through. :spinrhead:

BTW, I got no PM from you. PM often does not always work under my user name. But then I am only a guest, I may not have any right to access the PM. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Later,

• Quote from "underDAWG"

BTW, I got no PM from you. PM often does not always work under my user name. But then I am only a guest, I may not have any right to access the PM. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Later,

PM's should work for all registered users. AOL users have no guarantee though. :rolleyes:

• That's a good thing about the old YJ front bumper caps, you could put them on with wing nuts, and easily take them off for trail rides. I'm actually thinking about hunting down a set for my old YJ.

DrJ

• Quote from "FZMax"

Somehow I managed to take out a bumper end cap. I know this is a rare thing to happen

We had 3 of us do the exact same thing, on the same trail I think at Rausch Creek. So not as rare as you might think!

• Linyee, it was great meeting you, thanks again. I got to get me one of those digital pressure gauges, it looks fantastic!

Paul, sent you a PM but in case it isn't working, the Jeep is a 2002, not sure what year the hardtop is, I bought it after I had the Jeep.

Dr. J, thanks for looking out. After being away from this board for the better part of the summer, I am blown away by how everyone looks out for each other. What a great place to be!

• i will call jeep tomorrow, did not have time today.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Quote from "FZMax"

Linyee, it was great meeting you, thanks again. I got to get me one of those digital pressure gauges, it looks fantastic!

Thank you for taking my junk off my back. :up: :up: :up:

Later,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!