• Man those look familiar..... :hmm:
    Chris did you get them done at the same place again? The ones you sold me are still going strong. I think they have 30,000 or so miles on them now.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• yup - same place - same guys. they told me to keep coming back whenever i wanted :) i went playing around at the pine barrens the other day...jeep seemed to like it. i haven't had a chance to be off-pavement much lately and it was long overdue! i had just come out of the water-covered road behind me. i checked out the video they were taking and i had water up to the headlights!!! time for a snorkel :doh:
    chris

• I'd like to get mine done. Where did you get them siped and how much?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Well you have me hooked...Ive here that most mtrs only last 30-40 thousand miles and mine have another 30 or 40 left easily. The bite hard on the trail too.
    Ed (Wishing he had a siping machine) :up:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'm intrested too, where and how much? My new (uesd) tires are brand x, and they definatly don't grip as well in the rain as my BFG's did.

• sorry guys,
    besides the shop being all the way up around the allentown area, they asked me to not spread the word around to everyone. seems that they aren't really interested in gaining much new business...just more along the lines of keeping the customers they have currently. the next time i talk to them i'll ask them about it again - deal?
    chris

oh, the siping price they have listed on their wall is $25 a tire.

• The only place I can think of that "might" do it is Earl's Tire on Rt. 40, just north of the rt. 13/rt. 40 split.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I am thinking to get an Ideal Heated Groover/sipper. Anyone want to rent mine for 10 buck for 7 days. IT is free rental after I recover half of my cost. You may need to pay for the cost of the blades.

Later,

• Sounds good, I wonder how long it would take to do each tire yourself with one of those things?

I called Earle's and the guy didn't even know what I meant by siping. I called another place Roy's Tire, and the guy said he called it Re-grooving. But he hasn't done that for 20 years, and doesn't know anyone around who does it. Just thought I'd let everyone know what I found.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!