detroit ez locker issue

• i have an issue with my ez locker for my d30 in the front. it seems that it can allow both the sides to dis-engage and not deliver any power to either wheel when i need it. i looked at it and it all looks fine, but something is definitely wrong. has anyone ever had an issue of the housing drifting apart to make just enough room in there for both gears to slip? thats my only guess as it sits. any help would be appreciated.

Sean

• yup. that had happened before and detroit was very cool about getting replacement pins and springs out to me quickly and cheaply (gratis) so that was the first thing i looked for. after that i thought it may have been the ring gear or pinion. no dice.

• I don't think you could stretch the carrier enough to slip the locker without blowing it up. Check the shafts and the t-case to make sure you are sending it power. The only other thing it could be is a broken carrier pin, but you said all looked good inside.

Aaron

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!