Beach Driving and Surf Fishing Clinics @ DE Seashore SP

• Upcoming programs offered through the Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum @ DE Seashore State Park ...

Beach Driving Clinics
    10AM - Noon
    Sun., Mar. 22
    Sat., April 4
    Sat., April 18
    Sat., May 9
    Program is free & pre-registration is not required.
    Call the Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum for more info @ 227-6991.

Intro to Surf Fishing
    Noon- 3PM
    Sat., March 21
    Sun., April 5
    Fri., April 17
    Sun., May 3
    Cost is $25 & covers all supplies & materials and pre-registration IS required. Please call the Indian River Life-Saving Station Museum @ 227-6991 to register or for more information.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• They get stuck because they usual don't air down. Don't want to spend the time waiting for the compressor, I guess.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• What kills me is they never want to accept a quick yank with the tow strap. They'd rather sit there and shovel themselves out. I guess maybe they're worried if my vehicle gets damaged, I might seek reimbursement.

• I called and got info for this this for the April 4 class. I bought an 02 Wrangler, my first Jeep, and live 2 miles from Cape Henlopen. Can't hurt to get some instruction. Thanks for posting.

• I called and got info for this this for the April 4 class. I bought an 02 Wrangler, my first Jeep, and live 2 miles from Cape Henlopen. Can't hurt to get some instruction. Thanks for posting.

Not sure if you know, but just to give you a heads up, you can' just drive on the beaches to drive around. You can only drive on the beach to surf fish.

• Yes I know, thanks. I have all of the required safety equipment plus surf rod, bait, etc. I am not a fisherman but I do know you must be actively fishing or get fined. I always show respect to the serious surf fisherman and park away from them. For the class I just need safety equipment not a surf rod since this is instructional.

• We went to both classes last weekend. They are very basic and very handsoff. The driving class was two hours of rules tips and advice (biggest point repeated air down) but driving was 1 loop on the beach (2mins). The nice thing about the class is that you get the rules first hand from the guest speaker, a state ranger. The class wasn't what I expected but hats off to DNREC for having it.

I also did the surf fishing class, mostly lecture, fish id, rules, limits etc. We did get to fish for half an hour, caught 4 skates (big surprise there, right?) Again, these programs are nice and definitely informative, but don't expect tons of hands on.

Oh, by the way, you need a valid surf tag to drive the two minutes on the beach, the state did however give an exemption for the actively fishing part for this class. Also you need your FIN for the surf fishing class but not the fishing lisc. another state exemption for the class.

To DNREC, thanks for the classes, keep up the good work, but consider possibly more hands on content.

Just my two bits

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!