just got a jeep and im unsatisfied

• I've witnessed him or someone with a similar Jeep there. Can't tell because of the helmet. The one we saw make a couple passes had a set of mud tires on it also, with an older man behind the wheel.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• Different strokes for different folks. If he wants speed, he bought the wrong vehicle (obviously). Sell the Jeep now before he really goes broke blowing the rear out from dumping the clutch and buy an Neon or Civic. Not a go-fast vehicle by far.

i hope you are not implying that a neon or civic is a go fast vehicle. they are the car for the 16 year old with no money who wants a race car and all they have is their parents P.O.S. front wheel drive will never be a go fast car.

• Different strokes for different folks. If he wants speed, he bought the wrong vehicle (obviously). Sell the Jeep now before he really goes broke blowing the rear out from dumping the clutch and buy an Neon or Civic. Not a go-fast vehicle by far.

Jeeps wernt built to go fast. they were build to be a "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle but when Willys Overland said that "anything" didnt include drag racing. if it was meant for speed it wouldnt be shaped like a brick.

• i hope you are not implying that a neon or civic is a go fast vehicle. they are the car for the 16 year old with no money who wants a race car and all they have is their parents P.O.S. front wheel drive will never be a go fast car.

Try tellin these guys that :innocent:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhcOBrsk0nc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GhcOBrsk0nc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3Gdm_e_hxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F3Gdm_e_hxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SX-iNsPudzs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SX-iNsPudzs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• i hope you are not implying that a neon or civic is a go fast vehicle. they are the car for the 16 year old with no money who wants a race car and all they have is their parents P.O.S. front wheel drive will never be a go fast car.

::)

[youtube=425,350]XQkvymzbJdo[/youtube]

Google is your friend . ;D

A buddy of mine has a 98 neon with an SRT4 in it . Less than $5k total cost to build and runs Cecil County and Englishtown near the sub 12 mark . I'm not a ricer guy but I give the "kids" props for making them fast .

Tell this kid his Datsun isn't fast ...

[youtube=425,350]369h-SEBXd8[/youtube]

Anything is possible .

• A buddy of mine has a 98 neon with an SRT4 in it ... and runs Cecil County and Englishtown near the sub 12 mark .

Anything is possible .

EXCEPT a sub-12 Wrangler. unless the build costs more than a house. :laughing:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• obviously with the right resources damn near anything is possible, but from a design/engineering perspective, front wheel drive is just not inherently designed for speed/racing...and not as fun as rear wheel drive.

obviously, a jeep is also not designed for speed as everyone has said. he needs to decide what he wants his vehicle for especially if he is on a budget. strict budgets and big mods are tough to do together. if driving fast on the street is what he wants, he should get another car. if he wants something to go anywhere then keep the jeep. it seems like he wants the image of a jeep, the performance of a vette, and all done cheap...if he can get it done, more power to him.

good luck with ur build...

For the amount of dough most of the people on this board have invested into their Jeeps, a Civic, Neon, GTi, hell a Saturn could easily become a go fast vehicle. The mature, high school graduate people who own imports are just as dedicated to their vehicle as Jeep owners are. Hence why I said, different strokes for different folks. Why do people buy Jeeps? Lift em'? Sadly to admit, but I say over half the Jeep owners who have "modified" their vehicles will never actually want to/ get to witness their vehicles capability. Import guru's...same deal.

&quot;Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.&quot;

• I'm kinda confused by the way this thread has gone........what's with all the hostility and judgement. I have respect for anyone who takes pride in thier vehicle and does something to make it unique. Doesn't matter if it's a Jeep or a Civic or a 68 camaro. If your truely an enthusiast, it doesn't matter what it is. (of course everyone has thier preferences).

Before I sold my jeep I caught some sh*t from some on here because I didn't take it out on the trails and rocks and beat the hell out of it. I have respect for those that do and think it's pretty cool. Personally though, I loved customizing it, keeping it clean, and bringing it from what it was stock to what I knew it could look like. I think some believe that makes me less of a jeep enthusiast and that's ashame.

On an lighter note......Unfortunately, "economic conditions" stopped me from finishing the job and putting the crated 6.2L hemi that I had sitting in a crate under the hood of the jeep. If I would have gotten it done it would have had some capabilities that jeeps aren't really supposed to have, but that's what would have made it badass.................(once I find the right CJ, I'll get there eventually ;))

• hey goot its conley there is no need for nitrous or a supercharger its a jeep you dont need that stuff it will cost you more to fix what you break than the upgrade itself.
    however if you want more power try finding a newer 4.0 and do a swap. my jeep has more than enough oomph just ask the pieces of clutch laying in my garage. it only lasted 60,000 miles

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!