2000 Cherokee windows only work from master switch

• Ok my new to me cherokee windows are only working from the drivers door master switch it did this last week and then started working but today they are only working from the master switch. No the window look is not on has anyone had this problem and what was the fix for it. TIA

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Pull the door passenger door panel off and check the window switch. Jiggle the wires to see if it will start working. Also check the wire integrity going through the door hinge area.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• this must be a common problem with the 2000 cherokee, i have same year and mine is doing the same thing just could figure out what the problem is was told it could possibly be the master switch itself, i know if i bang on the master switch the other windows work seperately so not really sure

• I have a 99, it did the same thing though if you bang on the master switch (driver side switch) it sometimes work. The problem is with the window lock button and the factory new about it... if you search on the net you can find how to repair the window lock problem.... but its beter to get a new switch. Mike

• same with mine i changed the master driver side switch and it works right. the lock button goes bad. you could try taking the switch apart and see if the connection separated but i think it is just the button wearing out

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• got a 98 classic with same problem. Always thought it was a bad lock switch, but never got around to fixing it. Now the door looks are not always working from driver side. Maybe one day Ill get around to looking at it......lol

• its a ten min fix when you have the part

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!