Hydro-Assist

• may not be worth your money. but many heavy pieces of equipment use full hydro all day like fork lifts. i drive a tractor at times up to 14hrs a day for the whole month of oct and some of sept and November and have never experienced fade except when it developed a leak and ran down the reservoir. and you did say you were running out of room.

the guy here claims there is no fade at all.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/…ydro_Steering/index3.html

just saying could be a solution to putting the ram out where its going to be knocked on. if your already hydro assist your not far from a full system.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• It is a completely different style set-up to go to a full system.

Full hydro is also illegal in the comp class that I run. And just if I ever wanted to run on the road again, I am pretty sure that full hydro would effin suck on the road.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• So question, with resistance onthe tires, I cannot steer. It feels as though the box and ram are fighting eachother, however, when there is no resistance on the steering, it feels fine. Think that the lines could be backwards creating that? Was thinking that if there is no resistance on the steering system, then the fluid could just basically bypass the ram and allow it to move with the box.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• go this from a website. hope it helps

Once the hoses are built, install them on both the ram and steering box, in the proper orientation. What’s that? Well, if your tie rod is behind the axle like mine, connect the rear port of the box to the passenger side port of the ram and vice-versa for a tie rod in front of the axle. This will allow the steering box direct pressurized fluid to the correct end of the ram, depending on which way you’re turning the steering wheel. Position the hose fittings for proper clearance of the hose, and tighten ‘em down.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/psc_hydro/page3.asp

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I appreciate the effort and the time searching, but was more so looking for the actual characteristics of the ram that others have experienced. I am just going to reverse my lines and see if it changes anything. I don't have anything to do tomorrow anyway.

• Sorry Ed I got your test but was half asleep.

They could be backwords and we may have just been moving fluid through the ram in a displacement type fashion instead of pushing the fluid through the ram with the pump.

• Well lines were def right, however, West Texas did not do my pump mod correctly so I had to redo everything they did and remove the shims from to pressure piston. I set it up fro about 1200-1300psi and approx 3.75 gpm. The shit works amazing now. Eff ever ever sending my stuff away again!! I would rather spend my time and do it right the first time and know that it is done right. I hate having to go back behind someone else's work.

Just an FYI, I set the pump so high because I am using a 1.75" ram with 8" of travel. It requires a good amount more pressure and flow than a 1.5" ram.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!