CASH 4 CLUNKER PICS

• ok im getting confused at this point. who is right here there are so many variations being thrown out there?

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• this si what i found

Q: What does the dealer do with my trade-in?

A: Gives it to a salvage operator. The engine, transmission and some other parts must be destroyed so they can't be reused. The idea is to cull fuel-thirsty, polluting drivetrains. Operators can resell other parts, however.

Q: What's to keep me from buying a junkyard car for a few hundred bucks, getting it barely running and trading it?

A: The one-year-in-service requirement noted earlier. Lawmakers wanted to exclude the revival of so-called junkyard dogs, because they've already been taken off the road.
    ----------------------------------------
    According to the Cash for Clunkers rules, the engine destruction must happen on the car dealership lot. Once the dealership is reimbursed, the vehicles can then leave the lot.

Generally, the dealership sells the cars to a salvage yard, which pays for a towing company to pick them up.

John's Auto Parts, an auto parts recycler in Blaine, has already processed 300 clunkers. They expect another 1300.

"It works for us, we're not happy about the engines, but we'll definitely not complain about it and take them," said Mark Hortman, John's Auto Parts Chief Operating Officer.

He'd like to sell the engine, but can make money on the other parts too.

Hortman bought the clunkers for anywhere between $100 and $300 per car. His crews have been working hard stripping the vehicles so they can sell off the parts. After 180 days, he's required to crush what's left of the car and report it to the government.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• From Cars.gov

"This facility will not sell or transfer the trade-in vehicle’s engine block and drive train (unless with respect to the drive train, the transmission, drive shaft, or rear end are sold as separate parts) at any time prior to its crushing or shredding."

so it sounds like everything can be sold with the exception of the engine.. .but who wants a blown up engine anyway?

• i guess i can find out what salvage yard is taking the jeep and talk to him!

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• Cash 4 Clunker vehicles cannot be sold as the dealers do not own them!..They cannot be parted out from dealer but can be parted out from salvage yard they go to maybe if they're willing..All engines are seized at the Salvage yard as well...

I work for Hertrichs and this is how it's done.

FINAL!

Really, I some how don't believe this...

(BTW, that blue TJ is a 2006 For sale on the front lot and these pics where taken at Hertrichs's)

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

Edited once, last by ruquik ().

• Its still sitting there this weekend

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee: <br />4.0L - 4.5&quot; Long Arm - D44&#039;s Locked - 33&quot; M/TR&#039;s <br />XRC 8K Winch - Daily Beater / Offroad Machine<br />1970 Chevy Nova: Rowdy Street Car

• Shame did not pull the hard top and doors. Thats an easy grand and would not have affected hit clunkers deal .

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• So how much is the fine...like $15k for taking parts of a clunker by a dealer??

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• that's not the same one that has a tan top

Never said it was the same one was only posting the link to show that the cash for clunker cars are hitting the yards.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!