Grand waggy YJ?

• I know someone who is trying to sell their 90' grand waggy to me for $800..it has D44's front and rear, the AMC 360 recently rebuilt, tf727 auto trans., and 35" pro comp muds with 90% tread left on them. Does anyone think it's worth buying and trying to swap all that into a YJ? Some things I would change would be to go with the T176 4-speed and D300 combo. Other than that, yes I would obviously need to put on new spring perches and shock mounts, and maybe even cut the knuckles off to adjust pinion angles and caster. And as far as the engine goes-motor mounts and some of the exhaust could come off of the donor and it's carbed so the swap would be relatively easy. I'm just trying to gather thoughts and opinions for now so just post up if you have any input :spinrhead:

• Just a guess but I think the 727 is going to be quite a bit longer than the t176. Might make for some severe driveline angles. The axles should be halfway decent though..... You plan on doing a spring over? You will have to do something different with the steering too.
    If if were me though, Id beat the crap out of the waggy as is!!! :suspicious:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I know someone who is trying to sell their 90' grand waggy to me for $800..it has D44's front and rear, the AMC 360 recently rebuilt, tf727 auto trans., and 35" pro comp muds with 90% tread left on them. Does anyone think it's worth buying and trying to swap all that into a YJ? Some things I would change would be to go with the T176 4-speed and D300 combo. Other than that, yes I would obviously need to put on new spring perches and shock mounts, and maybe even cut the knuckles off to adjust pinion angles and caster. And as far as the engine goes-motor mounts and some of the exhaust could come off of the donor and it's carbed so the swap would be relatively easy. I'm just trying to gather thoughts and opinions for now so just post up if you have any input :spinrhead:

jackass you wouldnt have to cut the knuckles off you just roll the axels

• I'd keep the waggy as is also. They are bad ass in their current state. If not, post up where we can buy it at for that price :innocent:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I know someone who is trying to sell their 90' grand waggy to me for $800..it has D44's front and rear, the AMC 360 recently rebuilt, tf727 auto trans., and 35" pro comp muds with 90% tread left on them. Does anyone think it's worth buying and trying to swap all that into a YJ?

the tires alone are worth the $800

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Keep your 4.0...swap in the waggy 44's and the 35's. Then sell the lift on the SJ and the drivetrain to recoup cost...

Or if the SJ's in good shape resell the whole thing and take the profit for YJ upgrades.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!