Marlin fishing 10/1/09

• Ended up 5 for 9 or 10 on the white marlin releases, had times when multiple fish came up into the spread and just didn't have enough arms and hands to grab poles and dump them in free spool for the hook up. Got bitten off by a big wahoo 10 minutes into the fight and also pulled the hook on a nice yellowfin at the boat. Ran over 80+miles to the Norfolk Canyon, but man what a beautiful day. Had the Nikon SLR with me so I got a few really nice shots.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I'm supposed to go this Sunday out of IR, just not as far. I hope to be able to compare pictures.

• Awesome pics. Do you work on the boat?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Awesome pics. Do you work on the boat?

The boat belongs to my girlfriends family, 56' Viking. They have their own professional captain, and fish all of the big tournaments and do a lot of fun trips as well. Crew usually consists of her brother as first mate, I know how to hook them in the event that multiple fish come up, and then just usually myself, her dad, and sometimes her. So every trip, he usually asks me if i want to tag along and help and all. So to answer your question, I do not work on the boat, I guess I am an angler?

and thanks billy! these fish are so much fun.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• why does everyone keep saying that.. :suspicious: :innocent:

• yup two, oldest just got married (31) and middle is engaged. sorry boys :fishing:

• You should get your "FUTURE" father in law to put together a DEJA charter. What's he charge for a group of 6 or 8 to go out Tuna fishing? does he even do private charters?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• I have looked into Tuna trips and they ain't cheap! I was quoted min $2500 up tp $3600 depending on how long. I still want to do it but that is a lot of money to fish!

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• You should get your "FUTURE" father in law to put together a DEJA charter. What's he charge for a group of 6 or 8 to go out Tuna fishing? does he even do private charters?

I dont think he has ever done a private charter honestly, its just when he wants to fish, they fish lol. Tuna bite is pretty absent, marlin headed south, still some mahi's out there i guess, well have to wait until next season. Boat heads to Florida in December, then Bahamas.. :driving:

Boat burns about 100gph running out and back, so depending on where the bite is, if the tuna bite is close in, say 40 miles, cruise is 30-32 knots, fuel, bait, blah it gets expensive.

• I dont think he has ever done a private charter honestly, its just when he wants to fish, they fish lol. Tuna bite is pretty absent, marlin headed south, still some mahi's out there i guess, well have to wait until next season. Boat heads to Florida in December, then Bahamas.. :driving:

Boat burns about 100gph running out and back, so depending on where the bite is, if the tuna bite is close in, say 40 miles, cruise is 30-32 knots, fuel, bait, blah it gets expensive.

Guy's got some cash!! Anyway, yeah tuna trips cost about $3000 for 6 guy's. We used to go once a year but this year's out! Was out last year on a 36 hr cruise and we did awesome. Cost us about $2900 plus tip. I think it was $550 pp. Usually we use the Lewestown Lady out of Fishermans Warf but last year we use the Seafood out of Avalon. He can make the canyons in about 2 hrs.

My wife's Uncle has a large fishing boat (not sure what) and he charters it out. Occasionally he'll do a family trip but I haven't been lucky enough to get out with him yet! They also do all the large tournaments so the boats busy most of the time.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)

• We run charters and can accomidate up to 12-15 happy Deja members! Trouble is its in Rock Hall, no tuna there.... just lots of fat rockfish! :fishing:

• damn dude you sure do know how to pick them, she got any friends?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• We run charters and can accomidate up to 12-15 happy Deja members! Trouble is its in Rock Hall, no tuna there.... just lots of fat rockfish! :fishing:

What would that run the 12-15 memebers each?

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!