JK gas leak question

• my buddy just bought a 2007 unlimited Sahara, it is all stock for now, he is having an issue with gas leaking after a fill up!

My question is, Is this common, and what is a fix for it? I haven't had a chance to look at it,
    but I figured I'd ask the masses, hoping maybe someone had some first hand experience.

:? :? :?

thanks

• i would deff say thats a new one. maybe check hose clamps on the filllers on top the tank

someone fill with a 5 gal bucket at home and someone else get underneath look for leaks :spinrhead:

• Find out where it is leaking. Does it only do it at the pump or does it continue to leak for several miles until the fuel level falls below the gaskets and hoses on top of the tank?

Also make sure he is not "topping it off" by trying to add more fuel after the auto shut-off clicks in. (I have read some stuff on this but it seemed to just be an overflow problem at the nozzle.)

• It's mine... When I'm filling it up the pump will kick off like normal when it's full, then about a 1/2 - 1 liter will come rushing out. I've only had it happen once, but to be honest I have been a little reluctant to fill it up again. I bought a warranty with it, just was wondering if anyone else heard about this happing.

• here's a clip from YouTube. Pretty much the same thing that happened to me. Seems like a common JK problem...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• One more

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I realize after seeing the video that it has happened to me but only because I didn't have the nozzle all of the way in. It only happened once so I never thought much about it but yours might be something different.

Check a couple of the JK sites as I'm sure there is info out there on the problem.

Here is an link with some info if it helps:
    http://mobile.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10545

Post up if you find anything because I'm curious. :shrug:

• That happens on my 06 rubicon at various Sunoco stations. It seems that some of the newer pumps at their stations have a shorter filler on them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!