GWNF Trail Ride: April 29 - May 1, 2005

• New guy here (not member yet 'til I get the necessary gear). Just a couple questions about GWNF trail run and also some info. I'm planning on coming and I am going to Centreville, VA on Thurs. nite. If anyone wants to meet me at the Manassas rest area on I-66W on Friday, let me know a time. I am real familiar with the trip since my daughter and son-in-law both went to James Madison. They are the ones who live in Centreville and will be coming with me. DrJ - just a suggestion, but I took 29 instead of I-81 one time and although it's pretty, it took an extra hour and a half. BTW - the JMU graduation is the following Sat. (May 7) not the weekend of the run.

OK-now the questions. How primitive is the campsite? (ie water source or bathroom facilities?) And is there a place to park non-Jeeps :down: :rasp: so I don't have to cram 3 people and camping gear in my Wrangler. Thanks for the help.

Sara

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Yeah, we do 29 and 81 both regularly. We have close friends in Roanoke. We usually take 29 there to enjoy the ride and scenery, but 81 home to get there fast. I'm a 29 fan, especially in a 4 cyl. YJ, easier on the motor.

DrJ

• as far as the primitive thign goes it is as primitive as it gets .... this isnt a campground but more of a turn off on the trail. as far as parking a non jeep (I am assuming you mean non 4x4) on the paved road before you turn off on the trail there is a pull off were you can park there are atleast 2 of use that trailer or junk up there and that is where our tow rigs and trailers will be.... any more questions let me know and I am sure someone will answer you

• Thanks for the help. If any groups or individuals will be stopping at Manassas rest on I-66W between exits 52 and 47 and can give me an approximate time, I'd like to hook up with you there. It's about the halfway point between Delaware and GWNF.

If it&#39;s not dirty, I&#39;m not having fun!<br /><br />&#39;97 TJ SE 5 speed 4 banger - NO BLING<br /><br />REAL JEEPS HAVE 2 DOORS!

• Quote from "Keith_C"

I started packing stuff 2 days ago...

ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? :rollsmile:

• Can't wait. I've invited my cousin from Richmond, VA(96 Full Size Diesal Blazer lifted etc). I also have invited my sister and her family(02 Xterra). I'm not sure if she'll make. I'll be leaving from Wilmington some time Friday.

• Quote from "KJ04"

I need a new tent. Any ideas other than Wally World? Cant spend to much cause of budget so the high price tents are out.

dicks had a few alright tents.

• I dont know if I am blind or just cant read but I cant find where it says where the groups are leaving from and at what times? Is anyone leaving from the Wilmington area or Newark, DE? I wouldn't mind caravaning if others are going, or I could just drive by myself.

• Hey Keith - How many more days?

• How many people are staying at the hotel vs. camping? It's still in the 30's here at night so I am leaning toward the hotel but I don't want to be the only one leaving after dinner.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!