started my cj5 project today

• so after 2 years of my 73 cj5 project sitting at my parents i finally got started this weekend. i work just about all day today and got everything torn down to just a frame. found out the differentials are in good shape, they have 3:73 gears, and i got an amc 304 v8 given to me. i took some pictures along the way today and i will post them up when i can get them loaded. im excited to finally have this thing started.

• Sounds great.

I have a Dana 30 with disc brakes that will bolt right in there. It has 4.88 gearing though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i havent decided what size gears i want to put in there, there is so much that needs to be doen that 3:73 gears may just stay in there til a later date, but who knows i may just change everything out while the axles are sitting on the ground. this is going to be my first build so im looking forward to learning everything about it.

• i would enjoy help, except the vehicle is at my parents in north carolina so that is one reason it took so long to get started. i am working on getting pics of my progress so far but its not working very well. anyone have any info on how to put some on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!