CRAGAR Wheels

• What does everyone think of Cragar wheels? I had a set of cragar's on my YJ and after two winters the rims started to rust, didn't know if anyone else has this issue. I was asking because I am thinking of getting the CRAGAR Series 397 Soft 8 Black Wheel's for my four door pretty much because of the price. Just wanted to see if anyone has the same issues that I had before or any other issues with Cragar.

• If your just going black, I'd do it. In two years, if they start to rust, just do a quick sand and repaint them! :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• They are painted steel wheels, sooner or later, they will rust. And for the price you pay, it's usually "sooner" like you found out. Your best bet is to spray them with clearcoat right after you get the tires mounted on them (use poker cards stuck in the rim to shield the tire) and that should protect them for a little extra time. But, every few years, you may have to use a little black spraypaint to clean them up.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I ordered new M/T Baja 31's for my Jeep and when the Cragar black wheels came in they were chipped on the edges from shipping and already starting to rust. I reordered black American racing aluminum wheels which are teflon coated. I go to the beach a lot and think they will be more protective against the salt air. Plus they look awesome on my yellow TJ.

• I ordered new M/T Baja 31's for my Jeep and when the Cragar black wheels came in they were chipped on the edges from shipping and already starting to rust. I reordered black American racing aluminum wheels which are teflon coated. I go to the beach a lot and think they will be more protective against the salt air. Plus they look awesome on my yellow TJ.

Only problem with Teflon, if it does get chipped it'll be nearly impossible to touch up.

• Only problem with Teflon, if it does get chipped it'll be nearly impossible to touch up.

I considered that. I have a friend who owns a specialty tire and wheel business. He repaired wheels for me in the past that were in bad shape so I will talk to him sometime to get his feedback.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!