Florida fishing over Christmas break..

• Stayed on the ladyfriends boat for 15 days or so, fished 6 or 7 released over 30 sailfish, other fish caught :mahi,sharks, bonitos, king mackerels.

Heres some of the shots i got from the new D3000!

surfing christmas day..

And now the fishing shots..

finally someone else grabs the camera..me hooked up

and the fish..

capt backin down hard..

sh*t eater (shark)

and a picture from the first day when we got in...flags flying

Had a good time, caught a lot of sails, hooked a lot of them myself, but living on a boat with 5 people for over two weeks is tough, lets just say I was glad to be back home, even if its bitter cold out!

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Looks like you had a good time. Nice pic of the shark coming out of the water too.

Current Jeep - 2012 JKU Sport - Gibson dual exhaust<br />Gone but full of memories - 99 TJ 2&quot; Skyjacker spacer lift, 32&quot;x11.5&quot; BF Goodrich AT&#039;s, hood mounted hi-lift jack, tow hitch, Reynolds Surf fishing rack

• Hey bill it got cold down there too!! Haha coldest in decades farmers are worried about the oranges and other citrus fruits with the near freezing lows. Ill tell you what though, surfing on christmas day was surreal

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• have i told you lately that i hate you. lol dude i tried to call you back, i am still in Reno till wed. i will hit you up thursday after i get settled in.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Stuart it was dewbers!

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• HAHA I hear ya dewbers, their full time captain, who lived down there for 18 years until a few years ago and is very well known as far as captains go said its the best the bite has been in 10 years, boats were going 27 for 32 ( total bites ) lots of boats released double digits daily, we would have three or four just lazily swimming through the spread, but the biggest thing was what they call prospecting down there, im not sure if your familiar with the term, but the majority of the bites all of the boats got were via prospecting, very few actually bit from just setting your right/long flat lines and long riggers and watching them.

In prospecting you pop out the left or right flat line, reel the ballyhoo up past the mullet or ballyhoo dredge and just dump it in total free spool all the way back to where the long riggers are basically, this simulates a injured bait falling out of the bait ball that the dredge creates underwater, and an easy target for the lazy sail fish that just sit under the dredges instead of aggressively attacking the baits like your white/blue marlin do.

The captain was telling me the one boat caught 30 sails in two days, and ALL BUT two of them were caught prospecting. And man is it cool when your prospecting and see the fish come in all lit up and just pile on your bait...mmm :spinrhead:

For those unaware of any of the terms i used.. i found this an easier explanation:

"Dredge — An elaborate teaser usually made of mullet or ballyhoo — sometimes as many as 40. The dredge simulates an entire school of bait that appears to be swimming along under the boat. Many tournament boats will pull mullet and ballyhoo dredges on either side."

"Prospecting — When an angler rapidly drops a bait back even when there is no sailfish present. Sometimes this method receives sailfish bites from fish that no one sees."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!