pulled out a chevy

• 2 :up: :up: on pulling out the truck!!!I pulled out a f350 in the fall out in the pines on 44's that was stuck for 4hr's and did it for the same reason,,,they said i couldnt do it :driving: A snatch block a tree saver and out he came!!! I'll try and find a pic. of it,,,,When i hooked up the winch line i was wast deep in mud and water

• Just guessing as I was not 100% comfortable in my jeep and now not totally comfortable in my truck but I am sure much of it has to do with the driver and his/her skills, abilities and experience and not the vehicle being pulled or the one pulling :shrug: Any idiot can put a lift and 35s on their F150. Doesn't mean they have a clue as how to drive on a trail, in the sand, and for that matter in the snow. Just my .02.

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• regardless of how good of a driver you are, remember that if you are pulling on a full size, you may be pulling on an object that weighs nearly twice as much as your vehicle. Just use your head. You don't get any extra horsepower when you add ego.

• Last fall I winched out a Chevy 3500 flatbed sunk axle deep in mud with my YJ and the way I had to set up I had to pull off to the rt side. I didn't think if would pull it but it did!Slid it sideways and back wish I had my new camera I would have got pics.

• regardless of how good of a driver you are, remember that if you are pulling on a full size, you may be pulling on an object that weighs nearly twice as much as your vehicle. Just use your head. You don't get any extra horsepower when you add ego.

Driver knowledge really has nothing to do with winching??? Knowing how to properly winch is the thing,,,using the proper tools of the trade so to speak,,,snatch blocks,,straps,,and so on,,,,as well as knowing the ability of your winch,,rig and equipment,,and good math on weight to winch to snatch block or blocks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!