YJ front axle disconnect question

• Upon removing the vacuum housing to install the posi-loc, it appears that the shifter fork has been installed to keep the front axle permanently locked.
    Is this safe? Will it wear parts in the front axle prematurely?
    Thanks

• Upon removing the vacuum housing to install the posi-loc, it appears that the shifter fork has been installed to keep the front axle permanently locked.
    Is this safe? Will it wear parts in the front axle prematurely?
    Thanks

Won't hurt a thing.

All TJ's are basically like that.

• that was a common way to defeat the CAD system... (CAD=central axle disconnect) This system was used on a bunch of vehicles over a bunch of years and has always been problematic.

• If you plan to drive around town 90% of the time and go wheeling 10% of the time, I would put the posi loc on.

• If you plan to put a locker in the front, keep the posi-lok but if you don't have any plans for a locker, keep it the way it is. I have a lockright in the front of my YJ and can't unlock the front and it's a pain to turn.

• If you plan to put a locker in the front, keep the posi-lok but if you don't have any plans for a locker, keep it the way it is. I have a lockright in the front of my YJ and can't unlock the front and it's a pain to turn.

Good point I never thought of that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!