$100 Upgrades....

• What are your best upgrades for under a C-Note?

For me was the Ford TFI ingnition upgrade.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• The RainGear cover Erica bought me. So much easier to throw that on instead of the top and doors at night. Unfortunately I snagged a strap the other night when I bumped the Jeep up a few feet in the driveway and tore it up pretty good. Might be time to replace it...

• The RainGear cover Erica bought me. So much easier to throw that on instead of the top and doors at night. Unfortunately I snagged a strap the other night when I bumped the Jeep up a few feet in the driveway and tore it up pretty good. Might be time to replace it...

2x on that , mine for the scrambler has been great ..

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• IPF H4 headlight conversion on my CJ...holy cow it made a difference! I say it's my best upgrade because not only do I like it, but it made the CJ much safer to operate at night.

Did you get the one that will cover with the top on or the one that will only cover with the top off?

I am looking at them and was wondering how well it drain the water when it rains if you bought the top off one?

Are there any supports for the rain gear top to prevent puddles between the roll bars?

• Did you get the one that will cover with the top on or the one that will only cover with the top off?

I am looking at them and was wondering how well it drain the water when it rains if you bought the top off one?

Are there any supports for the rain gear top to prevent puddles between the roll bars?

Yes they will puddle on top and they are for use when the top is off. They also cover the door opening (with or without doors) I Keep a piece of PVC pipe to prop up in the center. This works great. You can also make a bow out of small diameter PVC that help with water run off. Either way, Raingear brand is really nice quality, Mine too has a small rip n the back, but that is BC my soft top brackets were not removed and the cover will catch there.. This will be my 4 th year using mine literally every day in the summer May to September. It has faded to a light blueish grey now. You might also spray on water proofing silicone spray once a year or 2. Thinking I might buy a new one this year...

• You will have to be a good shopper, but I'd say a CB Radio is a great upgrade for <$100.

It's almost mandatory on the trails and is very handy to have getting to and from the trails as well.

• Well they sell them for use with top on and top off and if you throw the top up before you put the cover on you will prevent puddles and still not have to spend the time putting in windows.

http://www.jeepcovers.com/

Thoughts??

That's the same one I have...definitely like it. If you pull the top up and just do the front windshield latches I would expect it to limit/stop water collecting on top but I never tried it. Once or twice I've had to go out with a cup to bail the water off but that was after some serious rain last spring. Usually it evaporates by the time I plan on driving it anywhere.

I grabbed one of those 99 cent D-rings they have at the checkout counter at most hardware stores and use that to attach the hood strap. Mine has a loop you have to run through which was kind of a PITA.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!