Krylon Fusion craziness

• After seeing what Krylon Fusion does to fender flares I finally got off my ass and painted my dash pad and on someone elses suggestion I painted the console also. The dash came out awesome (except for the Jeep logo, going to have to repaint it sometime) but the console is way too shiny. Oh well just to lazy to shop around for non-gloss.

I know you can't polish a turd but you sure can paint one!!!!!

• what is wrong with the jeep logo it looks great i just did my fenders and i love that stuff it worked great on them.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• wow what a difference some paint can do. that looks awesome.

some questions for ppl who have done your fender flares---

before painting how did you clean them?

i have been putting mothers back to black on my fender flares for over 3 summers now, as well as armor all. is there anything i should do before painting?

what is the exact paint you are using?

• Why not make the AMC logo Red, and Blue as they are supposed to be? That would set them off nicely.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "JohnBrereton"

Why not make the AMC logo Red, and Blue as they are supposed to be? That would set them off nicely.

My original idea was to do this (the blue and red logo), but when I went to buy the paint my wallet said no. I could not justify spending eleven more dollars for those two little picece of color (broke college student). And since the stock colors on the dash were all the same, I justified it in my head. :spinrhead:

As far as whats wrong with it currently, is that when I masked out the logo the tape was kinda rough on the raised edge. It is not a big deal looking straight at it but it sits at an angle so it is fairly noticable in person (its not noticable in the pix).

• Go to a hobby store and buy those little bottles of model paint. I wouldn't spray those little areas.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's the same way I painted my $50 brush guard. I roughed it up with steel wool first, but a couple of areas were too shiny. Between coats, I scuffed the shiny areas with the steel wool to make them blend in. Even though I bought gloss black, the surface came out dull. I was told that I was too far away when I sprayed, but it looks exactly like I wanted it to look. I guess I'm trying to say if you think its too shiny, take it down with steel wool, or maybe put another coat on, but spray from farther away.

• Looks good james. If your gonna repaint the console, i would go with a satin black, not flat. Flat will look like you didint paint it at all. The dash pad is sweet though.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I painted my flares last week with Krylon Fusion Gloss Black...I just wiped the flares down with alcohol really good, taped up the jeep and sprayed on a few coats.. and they turned out good. I was told that for the dash or console that the Satin Black is the best thing to use because its not really shiny.

Looks good James

~Sandy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!