Beach bon fires?

• I believe you need to buy a permit and some other things need to happen to be able to have a little beach bon fire, I was thinking more like the locations of the drive on areas..

Does anyone have any recent experience with summer bonfires on the beach that cares to shed some info about the process/experience?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I believe you need to buy a permit and some other things need to happen to be able to have a little beach bon fire, I was thinking more like the locations of the drive on areas..

Does anyone have any recent experience with summer bonfires on the beach that cares to shed some info about the process/experience?

For Delaware State Parks Beaches: its pretty much a no. its section 18 on this link:
    http://www.destateparks.com/rules/index.asp

For Dewey:
    http://www.townofdeweybeach.co….pageDetails&p=253-18-341

• As far as I know you cand have them on assateague island, but the permit for driving on the surf is a bit more expensive.

• I read on another forum I'm on that there's a Dewey Beach Bonfire every Wednesday 730-1100 on Dagsworthy Street

Dewey is part of the township, not a state park. they can sanction it if they choose.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• There are some folks with a bonfire out on Assateague today, but the oversand permit is 90 bucks or 110 for one that'll let you stay out all night.the good thing is it's good for a year from when you buy it, not just the calendar year.

• Delaware sucks, legislature ruin everything!!!

As much as I enjoy sitting around a fire with good friends, I think in this case it's a wise law.

Allowing open fires on the beach would just lead to yahoos leaving a mess.

Partially burned wood would be everywhere, nails from burned pallets would be everywhere, partially melted beer cans would be everywhere.

If you spend any time on the surf, you know that there aren't enough rangers now to keep the vehicles without surf tags (or 4WD in some cases) from wandering on and getting stuck, nor can they keep the kids of idiot parents from climbing onto the dunes and destroying the vegetation that helps keep the dunes there. Having to monitor beach fires would just be one more thing they would have to worry about.

That's why Dewey charges $30 for the permit plus a $40 cleanup deposit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!