Autozone Idiocy

• The rep from Autozone e-mailed me this morning, said he didn't know if he could order me another radiator until I returned the one that they sent that was wrong. Of course, he hasn't even arranged for a way for me to return the radiator and it was drop shipped from somewhere, so I wouldn't even know where to send it. Here's my reply e-mail to him.

Jorge,

I originally ordered these parts on June 4th. The website said that they were in stock and would ship within three days. I checked on June 10th and they hadn't shipped yet. I spoke to a woman in your customer service department who told me that I didn't have the parts because I hadn't paid for express shipping. How would it matter what kind of shipping I paid for IF YOU DIDN'T SHIP IT?? When I finally got the parts, you sent me the wrong radiator. Now you don't know if you can send me another radiator?

It's June 22nd and due to your company's incompetence, I still have a vehicle that's not running. This is, I believe, the absolute worst customer service I have ever received. I belong to the largest Jeep club in Delaware. They have 800 people registerd on their web site who work on their own vehicles and/or buy parts and accessories for them. If this situation cannot be resolved quickly, I will feel obligated to warn all of them not to deal with Autozone so that they do not have the same experiences that I have had.

I expect the correct radiator to be shipped today via express shipping so that I have it by Thursday. If you provide a call tag, I have already repackaged the incorrect radiator and will return ship it to you with the same delivery agent who brings the correct radiator. Please let me know that this situation is resolved and that the correct radiator is enroute today.

Thank you,

Tim Dineen
    302-242-XXXX

• dispute the charge with your credit card issuer. in all likelihood, the CC will put the transaction on hold and not pay autozone, and the CC will credit the charge back to your account. that should get autozone's attention. and if it doesn't, you will never be charged.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'm with Stafford... drop that bad boy on your local Autozone store's counter with the original box and any paperwork you had for the original purchase and tell them you want your money back... that should be enough for a proper return... That is what I did with the valvecover gasket that they sent me that was wrong... and the funny thing is when I dropped the old (wrong) gasket there to them... they were like would you like to order the correct one with us today... and I was pissed and was like I don't think so... but one of the guys that work at the store I took the part too said they had the proper gasket in stock right there... so I went ahead and picked it up... even though when I had called them before they had said they didn't have any of the ones I needed in stock... oh well... but yeah.. i would def. drop it off at your local store and tell them you want your money back... or at least want the proper one on its way...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• Thanks, guys.....that might be the solution, to take it back to the local store and then have them ship the other one, I'll see if they'll do that.

Chris, that's just one of the perks of my wife working for Verizon :razz:

• I agree with Stafford and Alterior.....take it back to the store with your shipping/billing statement and then if they give you any grief, dispute transactoin with your CC issuer. Hope it doesnt come to that, beacuse it will be a lot of phone time and paperwork to get he dispute resolved. If they keep jerking you around, NAPA had one in stock at another DE location for my 92 YJ and had it dropped at the Hockessin store at 10 the next day for pick up! I've had pretty good luck and no probs returning stuff to them.

• 2x with NAPA , they matched or beat Rock Auto for a ton of brake and suspension stuff for my axle project.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Yeah, next time I need something I'm just going to Dover NAPA. They were higher on the radiator but prices were similar on everything else and I'd have had a running Jeep by now. Supposedly Autozone found a radiator and shipped it but I'm waiting for a tracking # before I believe it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!