+1 to the Jeep Community

• Hello everyone. My name is Jimmy, I'm 34 years old, and I live in Bridgeville at the southern end of our fine state. I recently acquired a 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande that needs quite a bit of TLC. This is my first jeep and I am not very mechanic knowledgeable but I have always wanted a jeep and this one came at the right price (free). ;D

I have managed to get it thru Delaware inspections and overall it looks servicable but I am still looking at a lot of work that needs to be done to get it to where I want it to be so it is now a weekend driver and a project vehicle all in one. Right now my top priority is working on finding some way to fix 2 about 3" rusted through holes directly in front of the driver seat, a partially rusted out driver side seat frame, and the seatbelts on both sides. The previous owner used this vehicle as a boat tower and left it sitting at the beach every summer out in the open for at least the last 5 years so that should give you an idea of what I am working with.

So I just wanted to stop in and say hi. You will probably see me lurking on these forums quite a bit and probably asking some questions as I start getting all the work started. On the plus side I finally have a vehicle in my garage that I can learn to work on in place of just stacking junk in the space.

Jimmy

• Welcome! :wavey: congrats on the jeep.

You will probably see me lurking on these forums quite a bit and probably asking some questions as I start getting all the work started.

you'll find that there a lot of great people here who are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions you have. :up:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Get some sheet metal and cut with snips to fit over the holes. Use a wire brush to remove rust from the holes and paint with spray paint. Then drill holes through the sheet metal and floor pan of the Jeep and rivot them together. That would be a fairly simple way to fix the holes. If you have access to a welder that would be better.

• Welcome :wavey:

Having only been hanging around here a couple of weeks and already gotten offers of help with a small issue, I can say you've picked a good place filled to good folks to hang out with.

• Get some sheet metal and cut with snips to fit over the holes. Use a wire brush to remove rust from the holes and paint with spray paint. Then drill holes through the sheet metal and floor pan of the Jeep and rivot them together. That would be a fairly simple way to fix the holes. If you have access to a welder that would be better.

Good start, but I might try POR15 before and after the rivets are in place. That stuff rocks for rust prevention.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!