Rear pumkin leakin

• Its not leakin to bad i just noticed it tonight when i rotated my tires. It is leakin from around the yoke. Does any body know if u can change the seal with out guttin the pumkin, or does it all have to come out. :lie:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• You can usually just replace the seal right behind the yoke. The yoke nuts can be extremely tight though so air tools help out a lot.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• If it has a crush sleeve to set pinion preload (D35), you need to be careful to not further crush it when putting the pinion nut back on. If it has shims (D44) then just tighten to spec.

• I guess with a crush sleeve the sleeve should also be replaced, shouldn't it?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Technically you should replace the crush sleeve. It is one of those things though that you can get away with not doing. Just re-torque to specs and you'll be all right.

• well thank u gentlemen very helpfully very indeed :hmm:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!