Rear main seal

• I have to do mine in the spring. Its a 2 piece seal. You can change it by just dropping your oil pan, loosen the main bolts and tapping out the old and tapping in the new with a brass punch.

http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoRearMain.htm

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• What about the cost for doing a RMS replacement on a 2.5L with the 1 piece seal?

2003 Jeep Rubicon - 33x12.50x15 Good Year Duratrac Tires, 15x10 MT Classic Locks, 2" Body Lift, 2" BB, Warn Front Bumper, Garvin Wilderness ATS Series Rear Bumper System, Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails, Nth Degree Tummy Tucker Skid Plate, Skid Row Engine Skid Plate, Lower Control Arm Skid Plates and Gas Tank Skid Plate, Teraflex Quick Disco's, Uniden Pro 520xl CB, 3' Firestik Antenna, BW Flat Fender Flares, Tom Woods DS, Currie Rear Adjustable Arms, 4.0 L 6 Cyl

• Last time I checked the 4.0l won was in the $3-400 range and I would imagine the 2.5 would be another hundred or 2 more because you would have to pull the trans. Thing is the repair is easy, its getting to it and reseaing the oil pan. The one piece gaskets do make it easier, but it still a PITA and usually the repair doesn't stop all the oil from dripping just most of it.

Aaron

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!