Need advice

• No offense meant. :) I'm pretty sure most people have been pretty happy with their stuff, but some of the things I've seen and experienced myself with their products turned me off to them quite a bit.

None taken. :)

Mine were second hand from Quadna, so they are probably 6-7 years old.

I suspect RE's quality has slipped in recent years

• Here is a video from Ballistic.
    [youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

the BDS flex arms are of the same design as shown in the video.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• the BDS flex arms are of the same design as shown in the video.

correction: i see the difference via what Ian had mentioned. the BDS flex joints are not adjustable; they use the circlips. still, it is the same mechanism in function.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• So, BDS flex arms or BDS standard adjustable arms?

Which should last me longer joint/bushing wise?

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• So, BDS flex arms or BDS standard adjustable arms?

based on what you said above about your application, IMO you should go with the standard adjustable arms.

~ JD

• Thanks guys. I'll get them to order the standard adjustable arms in for me. :wavey:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Whatever you get, check the lock nuts from time to time.

Those type of threads aren't made to withstand being twisted and will quickly wear out if the nuts become loose.

you are correct; they need to be torqued down tight. they shouldn't be loose and allowed to twist in the manner of the JKS arms you mentioned earlier.

the nice thing about BDS, if the threads were to wear, BDS will replace them, no questions asked.

~ JD

• So that could make the JKS arms worth the $140 more. Hm!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!