*** Feeler - Possible Weekend Trip To New England ***

• After most were gone at the meeting last evening Earle "riearle" introduced himself to "Captain" and myself.

He's posted in the New User Introductions forum and recently moved to Northern DE.

He is/was involved with a Jeep club in NE called North East Jeep, http://www.northeastjeep.org/

They have some private land in southern Vermont that he says is about 5 hours from N. Delaware.

He'd like to make the offer for DEJA's Members to come check it out.

Apparently they have 400+ acres to wheel and a connection at a local motel that has a large area for camping and the owner rents them a room so people can take showers.

There is also a bar right there. :beer:

I think Earle's w/o Internet access right now, but hopefully he'll post up more details and specifics as far as dates.

• Their nice guys, I've done 3 of their trail rides with the vja or Vermont jeep association, I could go but it depends on when you set this thing up, FYI in some lifted jeeps it's more than 5 hours.... After may I will be back living in Vermont so i could meet u gies there, or if they we could pair up with the VJA, if their is interest I will send an email to the prsident of Vt jeep guys... If you want let me know...

Cj-

• Their nice guys, I've done 3 of their trail rides with the vja or Vermont jeep association, I could go but it depends on when you set this thing up, FYI in some lifted jeeps it's more than 5 hours.... After may I will be back living in Vermont so i could meet u gies there, or if they we could pair up with the VJA, if their is interest I will send an email to the prsident of Vt jeep guys... If you want let me know...

Cj-

Yeah, I thought 5 hours sounded pretty optimistic.

But if it was for a weekend it would probably be worth it.

Sounded like they have 3 basic rides, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Columbus Day.

• I don't think they own the land, they just have permission to use it, one of the rides I went on was a camping trip, I had a ball. That one started in vermont and ended in NH.. Let me know what pans out, if it dosent we can try the Vermont boys, I'm sure they would host a ride in upper Vermont, and if we played out cards right you can do it during the fall, the foliage is just breathtaking..

• Some of this

A little of this

These are general pics from Vt and Nh their are rivers mud rocks and awsome views, of course it depends on what trails you do in each state... Some are primarily mud, some are mountains and rocks, some are a mix, and there are not always go arounds...

• I was stationed in Portsmouth NH at Pease AFB. The quickest I ever got home to New Castle DE, Following the truckers with CBs was 6/1/2 hrs. And that was going thru New York in the middle of the night. That makes for a short "weekend". A 4 day weekend sounds better. Fri drive up, do the "event" relax on Sunday or drive home on Sunday. Man the country is beautiful!!!!! Just putting in my"reality check" two cents!!!

• I was stationed in Portsmouth NH at Pease AFB. The quickest I ever got home to New Castle DE, Following the truckers with CBs was 6/1/2 hrs. And that was going thru New York in the middle of the night. That makes for a short "weekend". A 4 day weekend sounds better. Fri drive up, do the "event" relax on Sunday or drive home on Sunday. Man the country is beautiful!!!!! Just putting in my"reality check" two cents!!!

Drive up Friday Night, Wheel Saturday, Do a little wheeling or fixxing :mrgreen: on Sunday Morning then head home Sunday afternoon. Sounds like a fun weekend to me.

• In talking to Earle Sunday it sounded like their 3 main runs are Memorial Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day.

At least 2 of those dates would be 3 day weekends, although the holiday traffic might suck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!