Beaching it tomorrow

• Heading down the beach with the wife tomorrow. Is anyone going to be out there? If so, where? We can try to meet up. We'll be in the Grand Cherokee.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I have to work in the morning but I'm meeting my wife out there afterwards.
    She'll be there most of the day but it'll be late before I get there. 2:30 or 3 prolly. :doh:

• After digging myself out (forgot a pressure gauge and didn't air down enough) we got set up just north of the crossing at the inlet. Lot's of open beach and it was a great day. Noticed a lot of people getting stuck. I walked over to help one guy dig his truck out. My first question of course was, "How far did you air down?" The response started with, "I've been doing this for 20 years....." and at that point I stopped listening because I knew this old timer knew more than everyone. We dug him out and moved his vehicle back and fourth about 20 feet and got stuck again. His son comes out with his truck to pull his dad out. His son got stuck. They always air down to 25 psi and NEVER have a problem....blah blah.... His son got out and started letting more air out. I mention to the guy I was trying to help, "Maybe another 10 psi". He didn't say anything. After some more digging I noticed he started letting more air out and says, "You know the one thing you can't account for is the expansion of the air in this heat. I aired these down last night and they're up at 25 psi again...." Yeah, whatever.

Had a nice day though. I forgot to put lotion on so I'm a bit red.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Work sucked. Beach was awesome as usual. The newly owned Wharf in Lewes seems to be pretty awesome even if it's own by Wildwood transplants. (Being from PA I can't say a word.)

Quote me to the server: This isn't Jersey. Don't turn this place into it.
    Server: Hey, I'm from Jersey.
    Me: You don't understand, don't do it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!