Winch install.

• I installed my Mile Marker winch I got from Jeepatrie. I could not belive how small the bolts were that hold the thing to the mounting plate. I used all grade 8 hardware but they are still small looking. I know I used the correct size bolts and what not. It just boggles my mind that 4 tiny bolts are gonna hold an 8000 lb. winch onto my Jeep. Can some of you guys out there assure me that when I make my first pull I won't rip the front of my TJ off.

Bryan

• Your mounting plate is bolted to the frame, right? It'll be fine. :peace: I think my Warn is bolted down to the plate with more than 4 though. :hmm:

• How big were the bolts?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I had a superwinch on mine for awhile. It was only 4500lbs I think, but still it only had 2 bolts on it. I think they were 7/16" bolts, and I definatly used grade 8. The few times I used it, it worked fine, and never came loose.

Still a bit scary only haveing 2 bolts pulling your jeep.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!