Tablet or cheap laptop opinions.

• This is pretty much for web browsing only.

I'll start off by saying I'm typing this from a MacBook that I hate and ever since my Android phone rendered web pages better than my neighbors ipad, I don't want anything by Apple.

Sooooo....I figure my options are Window's, Chrome, WebOS, or Android.

WebOS makes no sense and I don't understand what HP was thinking by buying Palm. It's an awesome OS but it seems like it will never catch on and is doomed. :shrug:

An Android tablet could work but most of them have small screens that don't separate themselves from the phone I already have. (Anyone have a Xoom? I could probably live with a 10" screen.)

The Chromebook looks cool though I've never used one. Instant on/off would be a nice feature but spending $500 for a web browser seems kind of steep.

Windows is still appealing. Buying a cheap tablet or laptop and get the best of everything seems to make the most sense. That's where I'm leaning right now but figured I'd get some input from the geeks on here first. :)

• we have a Moto Xoom. Droid tablet. Pretty cool stuff, great for many things, but its limitations are mainly in office productivity software and printing. You can use blue tooth keyboards and mice, so that helps, certainly changes how you do some things. There is some apps that let you read and edit word/excel/PPT docs but they are limited. All depends on the use. Most likely a mini laptop may be your best bet. If you do , get at least a 10-12" screen

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• In no way a tech geek so her is my thought for what it is worth. I have the galaxy 10.1, I bought it mainly to down load books, I recently went back to college, Verizon in Salisbury gave me a better deal than a Nook color, so far it is nice, fast web browsing, easy to use and alot lighter than a laptop.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!