fog lights to factory switch

• ok so i have the fogs mounted and wired to a relay. i got a factory switch and a pig tail for it. it has 4 wires pink black blue and purple. the pink is def the dash lights and black is ground so are the other 2 wires the switched circuit?

since i'm running a supply from the batt to the switch and from switch to relay do i need to fuse that circuit or only the fog lamp side of the relay?

where is the ignition switched + on the power block?

ps 99 xj

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• sorry missed this thread before. if you search on NAXJA you should be able to find everything you need. I'll look tomorrow when I have time.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• from NAXJA.
    Orange - Panel Dimmer
    Pink - Switch Control
    Violet - Relay Output
    Black - Ground

it can't hurt to fuse the switch input with something tiny, but you mainly need to fuse the battery side of the relay that would goto the lights. if that makes sense...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• i dont have orange

i know

Pink dimmer/dash lights
    violet
    lt blue
    black - ground

if i supply power to the violet the green light is on constant no matter if the switch is on or off. so i ended up running power to the relay then to the switch and which when flipped grounds the system but the green light is super dim when switch is on. so the lights work right now but im not happy yet. not till its proper at least.

i was just on naxja and a guy emailed me a link to a bunch of online service manuals but i have not had a chance to look through it yet. hopefully it helps me find a circuit that is hot when the key is turned. i bumped the switch and left them on for while yesterday.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• I dunno what the deal is with the colors... But, can't you tap into the feed for the rear wiper switch? that only works when the ignition is on.

Jerry / Whatevah

• well i have the relays right next to the power block so i just made a short leader to the batt for now. but i want to wire it into the power distb block.

i want to combine all my relays and extra fuses here i hate seeing all the exposed wires everywhere
    hell makes this
    http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=771
    http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=772

then i could have the whole block switched by the key

• yeah i know im going to power it from a switched circuit that is not used. to trigger a solenoid.

• I'm too lazy to check, but there are a couple fuses you can tap into from the fusepanel on the passenger A-pillar. Some are constant hot, some are switched. Run the wire along the bottom of the dash with the A/C control wires right over to your switch.

Jerry / Whatevah

• right on thanks for the idea i was not even thinking about the inside fuse panel :spinrhead:

Edited once, last by rstiles ().

• I'm too lazy to check, but there are a couple fuses you can tap into from the fusepanel on the passenger A-pillar. Some are constant hot, some are switched. Run the wire along the bottom of the dash with the A/C control wires right over to your switch.

:laughabove: I laugh b/c this is how I wired the ignition wire from the stereo. I have to turn my headlights on to use the radio. Works 2 ways though b/c it keeps me from forgetting to turn the lights off.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!