jk transfer case swap

• at rc jeff (jeffsjk) mentioned he swaped out his standard jk transfer case for a rock track from a rubicon. does anyone have info/input on this swap? is it a direct swap or do i need an adapter.will i need to change anything in the computer so it will accept it? i found one from 2010 w/ 1200 miles, 6 speed . it going into my 2010 6 speed sport. also you may have herd i bent my transmision xbrace. wane (daddanelena) told me someone replaced thers with a heavy duty one.he could'nt remember were they got it, if anyone rembers who or were, i'd appreciate knowing. replacing the crapy flimsy one with the same does'nt appeale to me.

• Poison spyder customs, undercover fab and or-fab all make heavy duty replacement crossmember that are around $200.

JKGray10 was the one who replaced his. He used a full traction crossmember that was meant for a long arm lift because nothing else was available at the time.

• jeff, thanks for the idea about the transcase swap.i was going to buy a new one from advance adapters but swaping out a rubi saved me a boatload o cash.and i got a heavy duty xmember from ucf, guarantied for life. mat said bend or break it he'll send me a new one. you know i gota try.(easy on the gass man, easy.)hhhhhha haha haha haha! :roflmao: if i get the parts in time to install i'll tryto break em at rc on the 26th.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!