Rausch Creek to open 8,000 acres for guided trail rides

• I am really excited for the new trails, but I would have thought they would have increased the park fee by a small amount and allowed the new properties to sell themselves. Oh well, definitely will check it out once.

thats what I was thinking.... I was hoping to see a general increase in the park fee's with the addition of new area's... I'd say we, as wheelers, have some understanding as to how it all works, we know with added land comes added costs for RC, which for us to get new land, new trails it costs more. I'd be ok with paying $50 a day to be able to go anywhere in the park (or even more if worth while) i just know when i head up its usually a small group with 5 or less rigs and we don't have the need for a guide we know how to get lost, unlost, stuck and unstuck as it is... I would think a general increase in park fee's would generate more income for the park over-all. But I don't know the numbers so I could be way off, really not my place to judge, was just thinking outside the box... To me, paying for a guided ride is not really worth it, which is why I wont due the Jamboree's.

And we aren't shootin at you Bruce brother, just around ya to keep you on your toes... The work you all do is greatly appriciated for us wheelers and the sport.

• Just going to quote this again as I think a few on this thread need to brush up on their reading comprehension prior to jumping down the RC staff's throat. This is NEW property, not simply being guided on existing trails in the 'main' sections of RC and from what is said has all levels of trails so it won't be "$60 to be guided thru green trails." While I personally think the price structure needs to be adjusted away from this overly complicated 'base+extra+extra' setup to an all-inclusive model it's not a big deal to me. Let me know of another place within driving distance that you can get the same access... :shrug:

Bruce- Thanks for weighing in, your insight is appreciated...as are all your efforts at RC.

--Ian

• [size=3]Guys please keep this is mind and maybe (or maybe not) will make more sense. This is something for a “change” once in a while and not a every time thing. Please look at the fees as something total as a one off and something you may only do one time a year.

This is not 8K increase is daily wheeling for every day. Are intent was not to rock the world with price checks but to offer new trials and a new area for a small amount of money for a once in a while outing. [/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]Maybe the wording was off or people are taking this for something that is not. I will end this with one last thought. At least you have a choice to look at 8K acres. I would rather know I have that choice for something like this VS not hearing the news at all.[/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]Guys have a good T-day with friends and family[/size]
    [size=3] [/size]
    [size=3]later[/size]

• I received a PM about this thread so if the board wants to pull my post feel free.

Bruce,

We rarely "pull posts" here, and never for just speaking your piece.

I kinda feel like my original post has been taken out of context or has caused a "jumping on the bandwagon" kind of thing.

All I said was :

Looks like they are trying to generate more income.

Certainly not a slam in any way shape or form.

It would be a silly business man that did not look forward and try to build the business.

And the "Green Trail" comment was based on this:

Rausch Creek is hosting a GREEN guided ride on Saturday November 26, 2011.

Apparently I mis-understood what's being offered on the new 8000 acre parcel, and that this particular ride was on green trails.

And like has been said, DEJA as a whole and certainly the BOD, (current and future) both respects and appreciates what you and Lynn do for the sport.

Still waiting to catch up with you on the surf. :beer:

• when you look at the overall cost of wheeling which includes buying the vehicle, the mods to the vehicle, labor, etc...it is many, many thousands of dollars. with that in perspective, i dont mind paying extra to support those that support our hobby. if an extra $20 a trip is what it takes to keep an offroad park in business, then i have no problem paying. if that extra $20 is out of your budged they you are 100% in the wrong hobby. plus, its optional, if you want additional service from the park.

Very well said!!!

• when you look at the overall cost of wheeling which includes buying the vehicle, the mods to the vehicle, labor, etc...it is many, many thousands of dollars. with that in perspective, i dont mind paying extra to support those that support our hobby. if an extra $20 a trip is what it takes to keep an offroad park in business, then i have no problem paying. if that extra $20 is out of your budget they you are 100% in the wrong hobby. plus, its optional, if you want additional service from the park.

very well said. I said very nearly the same words not long ago when RC raised their prices by a few dollars and a bunch of people got their panties in a bunch because of it.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Update on this...looks like RC may begin to 'certify' guides for this new area.

I'm interested in exploring the idea of getting certified as a guide for the benefit of the club. :up:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• good luck with that John, seems a inner sanctum exists at RC, I have asked several times about guiding never any call back. I visited RC more times last year than any yrly pass holder by a long shot..........certainly they would see I am committed.

• good luck with that John, seems a inner sanctum exists at RC, I have asked several times about guiding never any call back. I visited RC more times last year than any yrly pass holder by a long shot..........certainly they would see I am committed.

[quote author=Bruce]The main reason the guide only is we share the new area with the trail riders so that makes us have a lead person who knows the way around. We are looking at clubs having a person we can "cert" as a guide for their club if there is interest in this sort of thing.[/quote]

We are looking into whether they will cert one or more of the DeJA trail bosses as representatives of the club.

~ JD

• [quote author=Bruce]The main reason the guide only is we share the new area with the trail riders so that makes us have a lead person who knows the way around. We are looking at clubs having a person we can "cert" as a guide for their club if there is interest in this sort of thing.

We are looking into whether they will cert one or more of the DeJA trail bosses as representatives of the club.
    [/quote]

That would be cool. I must say though as a noob to the club I have only been to RC once so its all new to me. :spinrhead: I did get to see trail 13 for a while though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!