TJ Exhaust Options

• I can't figure out the difference either. Quadratec has them as well for the same prices, they use the same install sheet for both. http://www.quadratec.com/products/17613_1003_07.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/17613_1231_07.htm

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• haha yeah, I noticed that. :D

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Speaking of exhaust, what about these to help your exhaust survive heavy flexing and tweeking.. Looks these flex pipe joints can be had for about $25 each. Would think they would really help

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Those are great for helping the header last a little longer. They don't really do anything for the rest of the exhaust, though.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Speaking of exhaust, what about these to help your exhaust survive heavy flexing and tweeking.. Looks these flex pipe joints can be had for about $25 each. Would think they would really help

Where would you put those, and how?

And since the engine and the exhaust are all mounted to the frame, there really shouldn't be much "heavy flexing".

• The engine can rotate a little bit inside the mounts, due to the rubber bushings. That contributes to the header welds cracking since the exhaust actually moves less. At least for XJs, there is a exhaust mount at the trans crossmember that blocks the exhaust from rotating with the motor. The best place for the flex pipe is on the crossover pipe, anywhere before the crossmember, but close to the header downpipe as possible.

Jerry / Whatevah

• The engine can rotate a little bit inside the mounts, due to the rubber bushings. That contributes to the header welds cracking since the exhaust actually moves less. At least for XJs, there is a exhaust mount at the trans crossmember that blocks the exhaust from rotating with the motor. The best place for the flex pipe is on the crossover pipe, anywhere before the crossmember, but close to the header downpipe as possible.

If your motor mounts have that much play it's time to replace them.

All the TJ's from this century have rubber bushings on the exhaust hangers, so they should allow enough flex to compensate for any engine movement.

• Yeah rubber bushings but there is 3 or 4 feet of leverage in play. It doesn't take that much to shift the motor with the stock motor mount bushings under high torque.

Jerry / Whatevah

• Yeah rubber bushings but there is 3 or 4 feet of leverage in play. It doesn't take that much to shift the motor with the stock motor mount bushings under high torque.

Like I said, cracked exhaust manifolds really aren't a problem on 2000+ TJ's.

The fact that the first mount is 3-4' away from the engine actually lessens the leverage factor.

• How long can you wait? I'm going long arm after the new year and won't be able to keep my Borla :bang: , sounds awesome not too loud or anything I'm pissed I have to get rid of it. Interested? Make me an offer, not sure how many miles are on it but pretty sure there's under a million haha :mrgreen: :spinrhead:

[size=2]I could remove it this week if you wanted it sooner rather than later. Let me know[/size] :up:

• How long can you wait? I'm going long arm after the new year and won't be able to keep my Borla :bang: , sounds awesome not too loud or anything I'm pissed I have to get rid of it. Interested? Make me an offer, not sure how many miles are on it but pretty sure there's under a million haha :mrgreen: :spinrhead:

[size=2]I could remove it this week if you wanted it sooner rather than later. Let me know[/size] :up:

Sent you a PM.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!