throttle body question

• Keep in mind that back in the day (when a truck was used as a truck) they came with small I6 motors (gas). That was where the market was. For most people, a 4 banger in a Jeep is enough. But for those of us who want to modify the vehicle.....

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• All kidding aside about magnets and crap, One very easy way to increase power is to shed weight. Things you can do:

Remove rear seats
    Install light weight racing seats.
    Use soft doors instead of full steel.
    Replace battery with dry cell optima.
    Loose the spare, carry a tire plug kit, and have OBA
    Aluminum Radiator
    Fiberglass body/hood.
    Aluminum wheels 17" wheels, also reduces the weight of a comparable tire. (ie 35x15 weights more than a 35x17)
    There are many others out there. Get creative.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Optimas are not dry cell batteries. They are AGM.

And they weigh about 1% less than a traditional lead acid battery, and maybe more depending on the model.

Sorry meant to write Odyssey Batteries, good catch !

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Wow , I learned something.. I always thought they were like 1/3 the weight..

• for every 100 lbs you lose is like adding 10 hp to the motor

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!