Basics for Surf Fishing

• I am planning on going out on the beach and doing some fishing, which I have not done in the past, only fresh water fishing. I noticed under FAQ's there was a basic list of supplies, and equipment for trail rides. If possible could somebody or a few of the experenced members post something similar. It would be nice to have a solid basic setup to start with. Thanks

• I am planning on going out on the beach and doing some fishing, which I have not done in the past, only fresh water fishing. I noticed under FAQ's there was a basic list of supplies, and equipment for trail rides. If possible could somebody or a few of the experenced members post something similar. It would be nice to have a solid basic setup to start with. Thanks

http://www.fish307.com/basicsu…ingtipsrigsandsetups.aspx

Also, a "Sand spike" to hold your rod, bait board & knife (or just do like Billy does below).

And the equipment required by DNREC to drive on the beach.

• In order to drive on you'll get the surf fishing tag, fishing pole, bait, tackle box, a sand spike helps immensely, a jack, a board of wood, an air pressure gauge for your tires, and the receipt when you bought the tag.

EDIT: I am pretty sure an FIN and tow strap are required too.

• Wow that was fast! Thanks, I figured on the DNREC requirements, but looking more on the fishing side of needed stuff thanks for the quick answers. :up:

• In order to drive on you'll get the surf fishing tag, fishing pole, bait, tackle box, a sand spike helps immensely, a jack, a board of wood, an air pressure gauge for your tires, and the receipt when you bought the tag.

EDIT: I am pretty sure an FIN and tow strap are required too.

And shovel.

http://www.destateparks.com/ac…ng/surf-fishing/rules.asp

• And those are just the basic fishing things.

Things to add to the whole beach experience is a separate discussion altogether.

Cold drinks of course, a grill to cook food on, a toilet tent and potty for the ladies, games for the kids.

And of course if you can find one of these for your Jeep it will give you something to do while not catching any fish:

• I wonder if that girl realizes just how many times a year she gets posted on just THIS website?? :laughabove:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• How come that picture doesn't make the club calender?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!