Warn Rear Bumper w/tire carrier $299?!?!?

• I believe it is just the bumper, not the tire carrier portion

How can that be when it says in plain English it's for both? Maybe I'm also missing something, but the website says:
    [size=4]Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, WARN, 97-03 Jeep TJ Wranglers[/size]

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• How can that be when it says in plain English it's for both? Maybe I'm also missing something, but the website says:
    Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, WARN, 97-03 Jeep TJ Wranglers

Probably just a PEBKAC when they put the page up. You can order, print out the page and try to argue with them when only the bumper shows up but they aren't legally obligated to honor the mistake and if the bumper only part number is listed then it's even less likely.

FWIW, I have (had would be more appropriate) the Warn tire carrier and while I usually think they make a good (but often overpriced) product I finally had to cut the tire carrier off when it seized up after becoming harder and harder to open over the years. A lot of people have this problem and it's inherent with the design...there are no bearings in there...it's metal on metal with grease and a poly bushing. One of these days the plan is to put AtoZ's bearing on. I would reconsider and get something else.

• Probably just a PEBKAC when they put the page up. You can order, print out the page and try to argue with them when only the bumper shows up but they aren't legally obligated to honor the mistake and if the bumper only part number is listed then it's even less likely.

FWIW, I have (had would be more appropriate) the Warn tire carrier and while I usually think they make a good (but often overpriced) product I finally had to cut the tire carrier off when it seized up after becoming harder and harder to open over the years. A lot of people have this problem and it's inherent with the design...there are no bearings in there...it's metal on metal with grease and a poly bushing. One of these days the plan is to put AtoZ's bearing on. I would reconsider and get something else.

i have the a to z bumber with swing out tire carrier and i love it. very sturdy.

• FWIW, I have (had would be more appropriate) the Warn tire carrier and while I usually think they make a good (but often overpriced) product I finally had to cut the tire carrier off when it seized up after becoming harder and harder to open over the years. A lot of people have this problem and it's inherent with the design...there are no bearings in there...it's metal on metal with grease and a poly bushing. One of these days the plan is to put AtoZ's bearing on. I would reconsider and get something else.

This. I haven't had it seize up yet *knock on wood* but it has to be greased all the time because it gets harder and harder to open as the grease wears off. It looks nice on the back of my jeep but hindsight being 20/20 I'd have gone with something else as well.

• This. I haven't had it seize up yet *knock on wood* but it has to be greased all the time because it gets harder and harder to open as the grease wears off. It looks nice on the back of my jeep but hindsight being 20/20 I'd have gone with something else as well.

O rly? :laughabove:

FWIW I do keep Jen's greased...mebbe not 'all the time' though, prob once or twice a year.

--Ian

• FWIW...I have the swing out tire carrier section that we had to sawzall off of Jwalks Jeep sitting in my attic. Not only was the swing out siezed but the center piece of 2x2 box appears to have split and expanded outward Into a giant rusty bubble shape. I too have owned a warn carrier in the past and had similar problems.....the powder coat eventually chips off and the whole thing rusts like crazy.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• From a JF post.

I've been shopping for a rear bumper/tire carrier combo and have stayed away from Warn simply because of the price.

This thread caught my attention though because of the price and I too thought something was fishy and that this was way too cheap. So I called up Driveoffroad and spoke with a gentleman, Dave, about it. He confirmed that it was both the bumper and the tire tire carrier. I pushed him a little and asked about the sku (W62949). According to some other websites, that sku is for the bumper only. I asked him if there was a separate sku for the tire carrier or if it was all one sku. He stated that it was only the one sku but both the bumper and carrier (and frame reinforcement brackets). We basically got to the point where he was like, All I can tell you is that its both the bumper and the tire carrier together and if you are unsatisfied in any way you can send it back to us for a full refund. So I went ahead and put it on my credit card and ordered it.

$335 shipped to my door. Yet I am still thinking that something isn't quite right. I will update when it arrives and hopefully not have to dispute anything or worry about returning it.

• from that same post:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!