Local Wheeling

• shouldnt have opend my mouth without checking first( think i would have learned that in 47 years) esja doesent think a joint venture is a good idea & now that i think about it neither do i. nothing personial but whatever club has the land should run it as they see fit 2 or 3 clubs togeather probally = conflict. its not all that hard to do but its no peice of cake either. you northern guys are only 2 or so hrs from great wheeling spots & you can wheel a day then come home its a 5 hr or so ride for us with a motel or camping food gas easily adds up to a 300.00 weekend whitch i like to do now & again but cant afford to do more than 1 or 2 times a year, but for a 100.00 i can go every weekend or whenever i want i can camp there or go home, yea its not paragon but i have as much fun as i do at paragon & im wheeling thats what its about anyway

• PitJeep do you have any time where I might be able to come and pay for a day of wheeling to see If I want to Join before throwing out 100? I will be down at the beach alot this summer and It would be prety Ideal to stop by sometime while everyone is wheeling If you have any events planned...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• Quote from "pitjeep"

esja doesent think a joint venture is a good idea & now that i think about it neither do i. nothing personial but whatever club has the land should run it as they see fit 2 or 3 clubs togeather probally = conflict.

I wouldn't have guessed they'd be interested in a joint venture with another club. I agree with you that the club that has the land should run it. Getting more hands in the cookie jar, so to speak, could cause problems, not to mention possibly overpopulating the park, making it not as much fun for everyone.

I don't know anything about what goes on at Blue Diamond, or what they have there. I'd like to check into that though. I have a friend who dirtbikes there and I'll check with him this weekend.

As far as the canal, I believe there may already be plans there. Not for an off-road park, and not really for the areas where we'd be interested in going, but moreso right along the water. I discussed this with the guy I set up the last clean up with. I believe he said there were working on putting in walkways and lighting, benches and such. Even if it's a different area, I doubt they'd want 4x4's going in and out all the time. The Project Manager there before also told me they don't mind vehicles there on the legal, gravel roads (=boring), but the main reason they don't want people off of those roads are problems with erosion, and vehicles tearing up trails back there adds to that.

• the second weekend of the month is our trail maintance days & also when we show intersted people around. we work a half day or so then wheel for awhile . its free to come look& wheel the first time we do ask that you help a little with the trail maintance that day(guess its not really free).feel free to contact someone from our club for more info.

• I just signed a petition at Honda East Powersports regarding the Canal project and the lack of ATV / 4x4 inclusion in the plans.

• It's ashame my grandpa owned a sand pit and lots of woods that had been cleared for wheeling outside of Lewes. My uncles and cousins used to wheel on it with their friends. She recently sold it to the state before I got my license. :doh: It would be awesome to have land to wheel on. The only problem is that land is so darn expensive now in Delaware. If you rented it out people would probably want lots of money for a good income. Land in Delmar is real cheap. As long as you stay outside of Georgetown and away from the beach, basically west of 113, land is cheap.

• Hindsight is 20/20...if I would have know, and bought a 'worthless' gravel pit down here 20 years ago, we would be in off-road heaven.
    Also, I'm west of Georgetown, and land has gone up double in last 3 years! I would not be able to afford the little 5 acres we got now, if I had to buy now.

• Yea, but it's darn cheaper than the land near me. Greenwood has shot up. Don't know why. I guess they expect more people to move there. Near Laurel and Seaford is still reasonable. I'm getting scared coming out of college in a lil, land will be outrageous. :doh:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!