95 yj issues.

• went put in a new starter(autozones finest lol), after thinkn about that shoulda atleast turnd once i put direct power to it lol...
    the starter works the motor cranks its just does not start . i do have fuel pressure tho. the coil is not get the signal to spark the spark plugs which is not allowing the jeep to fire,the cam sensor was replaced.

• went put in a new starter(autozones finest lol), after thinkn about that shoulda atleast turnd once i put direct power to it lol...
    the starter works the motor cranks its just does not start . i do have fuel pressure tho. the coil is not get the signal to spark the spark plugs which is not allowing the jeep to fire,the cam sensor was replaced.

OK. Then that's different and you are making progress.

• O... I was under the impression it wasn't cranking at all. I'm in the dark with the fuel injection... lol

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

• i has a similar problem with my tj. there is a circuit that is some sort of a safety shut off that will basically prevent the spark. what happened to mine was the wire coming out from under the fuse box had frayed and finally split completly. before i realized that, i tried the coil, cps, cap, rotor...

not sure if the yj's had this circuit though...

• i have replaced the fuse box and all fuses and had the connectors cleand to the fuse box and to the ecu. i did pull the distributer and checked that its fine all teeth are clean. replaced the coil again and checked the sensor wire its fine., the back right tail light went out it has water damage from the previous owner adding some bedazeld blue gem crap to it. it rusted the light bulb and sparked it self. i replaced the tail light and fuse that it blew. still same issue tho.
    i get no power out of the ecu and no spark. it does atempt to start now and it has fuel pressure, crank sencor is new also.

• so i went down and finaly got a new ecu for it. now im not getting any power to the ecu at all, went threw RE checked all the fuses. none are bad.
    *edit.

i went threw all the wireing on it. it has 1 power wire running too the *new* ecu. no other wires light up with power even with ignition on.
    have replaced fuse box all fuses inside and out. crank sensor and sensor on distributer. replaced ecu.

i still get no power to that with ignition on to the coil. anyone know witch wire on the ecu goes to the coil or where the coil power wire starts?
    the only thing i can think of is that that wire has a short in it somewhere and i just havent seen it .

• so i gave up sent it to a local jeep shop and 6 hours later they are dumbfounded :roflmao: , says they went back over everything i checked and went threw the wireing harness its just not sending any power other then the 1 wire too the ecu.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!