Stereo drain on the battery

• I should probably already know this, but... I'm heading to CHSP today for some beach time, and I was wondering if it's generally safe to run my stereo for maybe 3 hours while out on the sand. I have the dash speakers and soundbar speakers (no subwolfer, pods or amp). My battery is fairly new. I really don't want to bring along a portable boom box. Would appreciate posts by 8:00.

(Am heading as far north (near the public beach) as I can get, in case anyone wants to join me. Will be there by 9:30.)

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• ...fairly new. I really don't want to bring along a portable boom box.

Are they still called that?!?! :razz:

Like Jodie said I would just start the Jeep up every so often. I have an amp/sub and I've run mine while the Jeep isn't running. I would start it like every 45 mins or so, let it run for like 10 mins and I had no problems. I have an Optima red top but I would think that any newer battery would hold up just fine.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• or you could take the opportunity to install 2 batterys parallel to have extra power. with every problem comes a chance to upgrade and spend money

• Well we missed the 8:00 deadline so poor Jim will be out on the sand with a dead battery. Any volunteers for a rescue party? :mrgreen:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!