cape henlopen 7/21

• hey guys, me and a buddy are heading to the navy beach saturday around noon, going to fish the incoming through dark in hopes of some good sharks. if anyone else is down stop by, white tj, black soft top, black rims and a snorkel.

• are you permitted to fish after dark? can't find anything in the permit rules....

Just got back from Cape about 5 minutes ago. Tiki torches, glow sticks, and lanterns made for a fun night.
    Yes, you can fish 24/7/365 as long as you are actively fishing.

We may be out on Sat. I'll keep an eye out. :)

• I fished an all nighter before, The ranger checked on us around 3-4 am and was totally cool. I used mini glow sticks on my rod tips and on my rigs too. caught a few skate.. thats all

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• thanks for the info, we are trying an old trick i use to use in jersey for shark at night....deer meat from two seasons ago, we will see what happens. my cell is 484 354 0869 if anybody is down. :fishing:

• well looks like we are heading out around 9, should be there around 11 or so, not too sure what to expect with the weather but will give it a try.

• we fished the point beach from 11 am til 10 pm, northeasterly wind blowing 15 -20 all day with rough surf needed 6 ounce sputniks to hold bottom. Caught two very small doggies and a 14" blue on the way out rods, picked up a couple croaker and a king on the light rods fishing right in the waves. glad i bought the beach permit although i never had a day quite this slow when i use to fish assateague. The rangers drove by what seemed like evvery hour. Around 6 pm a grand cherokee came down the beach, a teen boy and girl got out and went up into the dunes (gee i wonder why), they were gone for over a half hour. A ranger truck came down the beach and the woman got out to check the cherokee. She then walked up to the top of the dune to look around, nothing. two more ranger trucks came down and they were looking for the owners, nothing. About another 15- 20 minutes later we saw the ranger on the phone (they obviously traced the jeep to its owner), the two kids came running out of the dunes, the ranger proceeded to check for required equipment and wrote a ticket, we could hear the girl somewhat sobbing, the ranger left, the cherokee went to leave, she punched the gas and naturally she buried it. We offered to strap thek out, she declined and had the boyfriend push while she rocked the jeep grinding away the transmission. after what seemed like 15 minutes they got it out and were on their way. Next time maybe they will spring for a hotel room, it probably would have been cheaper and less humiliating..... :shrug:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!