New Guy in Claymont

• I was pointed over here from a guy on Pirate4x4. I am new to the area from the Midwest. My family and I moved out here in June from the Kansas City area after I lost my job. I sold the TJ project I had just accuired to help us fund the move, so I don't have a rig right now. I got a job @ Auto & Truck Outfitters not long after we got here and hopefully I'll be wheeling again soon. In the mean time, I'm looking to meet some people to turn some wrenches with, have a few cold ones, or just get me out of the house for a couple hours and shoot the bull. I've been wheeling since I was 16 and started actually building them myself 6 or 7 years ago, so I know my way around one, Just getting bored out of mind without nothing to work on anymore

Chris

• Welcome to the neighborhood. I can think of some projects that my TJ needs... and I'm just minutes away from Claymont :wavey: .

• Thanks Knox, I know we really miss both setups.
    BlueJ, let me know if/when you want to knock some stuff out.
    Chris

• Welcome :wavey:

That was a nice XJ. Are those pics from the midwest?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Nice looking rigs! Welcome to the east coast. :wavey: I hope you don't believe we're all like those Jersey Shore* idiots. :laughing:

My brother lived out in Kansas City MO for about 4 years. There's some pretty country out that way.

*Does not refer to the population of NJ only the reality show douchebags

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Yes the pics are from SMORR, Kansas Rocks and Disney,OK. I don't think EVERYONE is like those jackasses, but have definately met a few that reminded me of it, but I'm sure people have certain views of the midwest too. Alot of people I've met just think there is corn everywhere, which is only half true. I really miss the XJ, I bought it stock and changed everything from the carpet to headliner inside, and built the suspension piece by piece. It was alot of fun, just not hardcore enough for the wheeling I liked to do and my friends' TJ's were doing. The YJ was a good DD/WW and good for my wife to learn in. Next one, whenever that will be, will be insane. What Part of KC was your brother in?

• Yes the pics are from SMORR, Kansas Rocks and Disney,OK. I don't think EVERYONE is like those jackasses, but have definately met a few that reminded me of it, but I'm sure people have certain views of the midwest too. Alot of people I've met just think there is corn everywhere, which is only half true. I really miss the XJ, I bought it stock and changed everything from the carpet to headliner inside, and built the suspension piece by piece. It was alot of fun, just not hardcore enough for the wheeling I liked to do and my friends' TJ's were doing. The YJ was a good DD/WW and good for my wife to learn in. Next one, whenever that will be, will be insane. What Part of KC was your brother in?

Don't rightly remember but I think he was only like 5mins east, just on the edge of the city limits. I only went out there once when he first moved out there. I remember about 20 hours of driving (one way). :rolleyes: He was on the east side of the city somewhere. I remember Truman St. but he lived somewhere's off of Truman not right on it.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Yeah its definitely a long drive. I know exactly where you're talking about. Truman rd runs from downtown kc to independence

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!